Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was trying to find more imformation about it...like do i need to use the stock k20a2 ecu, or can i just use this one? If I have to use the k20a2 ecu, will it bypass the imbolizer? Also, i heard that the coolant temp gauge and the AC wont work, is there any way to make it work? How much is the EMS? thanks.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,171 Posts
Bump Bump

thinking of going this route instead of K-pro?

I wouldn't think that you would need the old ECU, but I am not sure. Who told you that the coolant temp gauge and the AC wont work? I am not to concerned about the AC since I don't have it anyways, but I think the temp gauge is kinda important...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,577 Posts
Resurrecting this thread...

YES the AEM EMS is an alternative to the KPRO.

I'm currently using and tuning (via coworker here at AEM) a 30-1070 EMS (RSX) box on my KEG. It runs great and has some badass features over the KPRO, such as shutting off the alternator at a certain rpm or throttle position percentage, (dyno proven makes 5 more hp across the whole powerband), VTEC crossover can be set to a throttle position percentage rather than a set RPM point (which I find cool), and a slew of other things. This 1070 box has way more potential over the KPRO, don't get me wrong though, the KPRO is an awesome ecu too; the EMS is just the next level up IMO..

Also, we're not done tuning; will be hitting up the dyno (hopefully next week) to perform some base line & tuned comparo tests. Will keep you informed as progress is made.. :up:

PS: if you wind up getting an RSX 1070 EMS and are using it on an K20 EG/EK/DC2 and your wire harness was made to be used with the KPRO or JDM K20 ecu, you'll have to add a wire to E1 which is for the US RSX-S fuel pump relay, because the 1070 EMS was designed off a US RSX-S ecu which uses E1 for the fuel pump relay due to the immobilizer US RSX-S ecu's have. The JDM & KPRO ecu's use E10 for the fuel pump relay.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,171 Posts
Your out in Cali right? Is AEM tuning your car?

You know a guy named Noah? i might have to get in touch with you through him... He is a local guy in my city that I know pretty well. I haven't talked to him since I called him to see what kind of price he could get me on a B-series. he told me not to waste my money and to get a K because someone was walking him on the track with a K, that wouldn't be you would it?
:rolleyes:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,577 Posts
jon v said:
Your out in Cali right? Is AEM tuning your car?

You know a guy named Noah? i might have to get in touch with you through him... He is a local guy in my city that I know pretty well. I haven't talked to him since I called him to see what kind of price he could get me on a B-series. he told me not to waste my money and to get a K because someone was walking him on the track with a K, that wouldn't be you would it?
:rolleyes:

Yup I'm in Cali. I actually work at AEM as of Feb.2nd. :D

I do know of a Noah, but I dont know if its the same Noah you know. The Noah I know skates and is in AM7 car gang.

I actually haven't been to a track event just yet since my swap was complete, so no, I don't think I walked on your Noah ...heh heh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
katman said:
has some badass features over the KPRO, such as shutting off the alternator at a certain rpm or throttle position percentage, (dyno proven makes 5 more hp across the whole powerband)
Reducing the alternator output, rather than shutting it down, has been standard practice for Honda ECUs for the last 15 years for fuel economy reasons.
 

·
GoldStar
Joined
·
2,657 Posts
Rubber Chicken said:
Reducing the alternator output, rather than shutting it down, has been standard practice for Honda ECUs for the last 15 years for fuel economy reasons.
so you mean stock honda ecus reduce alternator output at a certain engine speed. dam i never new that. :up:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,171 Posts
katman said:
Yup I'm in Cali. I actually work at AEM as of Feb.2nd. :D

I do know of a Noah, but I dont know if its the same Noah you know. The Noah I know skates and is in AM7 car gang.

I actually haven't been to a track event just yet since my swap was complete, so no, I don't think I walked on your Noah ...heh heh
Cool deal. Same Noah I guess there are just more K swaps running around out here than I thought. Does AEM have there own DYNO?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,171 Posts
I may have to get in contact with you when the time comes...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,171 Posts
So you don't need an OEM ECU when you purchase the EMS right? it is a completely different and stand alone ECU correct? Plug and play? Are there any small things such as temp sensor or any other small things that do not work with this ECU?

I am about ready to purchase and just want to get some more details about this thing befor I go for it.

Also I will be putting this ECU on my K24a2 in my 99 EK hatch with an RSX-S wiring harness and throttle body. SO as far as teh computer is concerned I will be running an RSX right? It will just have to be tuned a little different with the 2.4 liter block? As I understand it will basically be an RSX head (TSX) with the 2.4 liter block?

Just want to make sure that the ECU will be compatible with my K24a2... :wink:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,224 Posts
We will be using an AEM EMS on a supercharged K24 conversion shortly. I will do a review of the product for other interested.

If anyone is in need of the EMS we get them for a fairly good price.

The gauge temp sensor for your EK will work fine considering that it does not connect to the ECU at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
katman said:
Resurrecting this thread...

YES the AEM EMS is an alternative to the KPRO.

I'm currently using and tuning (via coworker here at AEM) a 30-1070 EMS (RSX) box on my KEG. It runs great and has some badass features over the KPRO, such as shutting off the alternator at a certain rpm or throttle position percentage, (dyno proven makes 5 more hp across the whole powerband), VTEC crossover can be set to a throttle position percentage rather than a set RPM point (which I find cool), and a slew of other things. This 1070 box has way more potential over the KPRO, don't get me wrong though, the KPRO is an awesome ecu too; the EMS is just the next level up IMO..

Also, we're not done tuning; will be hitting up the dyno (hopefully next week) to perform some base line & tuned comparo tests. Will keep you informed as progress is made.. :up:

PS: if you wind up getting an RSX 1070 EMS and are using it on an K20 EG/EK/DC2 and your wire harness was made to be used with the KPRO or JDM K20 ecu, you'll have to add a wire to E1 which is for the US RSX-S fuel pump relay, because the 1070 EMS was designed off a US RSX-S ecu which uses E1 for the fuel pump relay due to the immobilizer US RSX-S ecu's have. The JDM & KPRO ecu's use E10 for the fuel pump relay.
so if i decide to use the AEM EMS instead of the K-pro then what wireharness should i get the one for the JDM K20 ECU or the K-pro? also is there any other wires i will need to switch around? thanks for any advice given.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top