Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
www.jdmyard.com
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, ive never racemy car with full slicks on, any advice with suspension setup to mate with slicks? and launch tecnique ?

i have an eg hatch with k20aR

·
Registered
180 Posts
I run 22x8in MT ET Drags on 15inch wheels. I run 9-11psi on them.

With the open diff on a k20a2 driveline in an EK (fidanza flywheel, exedy 3 puck clutch, hybrid-racing mounts and DSS stage one axles) I pulled 1.85-1.89 60' repeatedly on a cold track. I launched off of the two step set at 5700 or so, slipping out for less than a tenth of a sec. They spun a bit off the line, but it was a good thing.

With a type-r lsd and full-race traction bars I immediately shear'd off the axle at the outer portion of the hub. No spin that time. Stage 2's are on their way and a rematch is in order. Considering they have over 10k miles of hard use including many slick passes, and I only broke the outer portion, its a pretty good thing. I think I'll be able to pull at least mid-high 1.6's on the setup. Oh yeah, this is on Tein RA coil overs, run just as I do on the street. Around 780lb/in front, 570lb/in rear.

The stock clutch can take a few 22in slick passes, but watch out. With a stock k20a driveline in an eg we were pulling more along the lines of 1.9 60's This was on stock type-r ecu/two step as well. I was not driving this vehicle, so I dont know the technique used. Hope this helps

E.J.

·
www.jdmyard.com
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks alot thats exactly what i want

we already broke a DDS axle with BFG drag radial

so a 1.7 60ft is out of question with those axles ....

·
www.jdmyard.com
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we pulled a 1.9 with those bfg on stage 1 axles...but we have to preload slip blah blah blah....i just want something that could get us out of the hole quicker..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.