Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been talking to a few people over the past year and have come to the conclusion that putting an exhaust cam gear on your car will help increase power.. you can see a gain of between 2-10whp depending on how much time you spend adjusting it...
My thought is why doesnt someone come up with a single cam gear kit with just the exhaust cam.. they could dyno it on a car and work out the best settings and give them to people as recommendations to try..
I dont know what the Toda VTC cam gears are worth for the pair but halving the cost so say maybe $500 tuned for 10whp is quite a good gain...
Maybe EDO should make a single cam gear aswell as his cams...

As a side note I run the VTC cam gears on my K20A and running my modified RSX-S header on it I made 5-10whp more than any other K20A running on the same dyno... And my VTC gears where my only extra modification I had.. which could be put down solely to the exhaust cam given that anyone can run the same intake cam setting as me..

·
Registered
420 Posts
you dead right...

Clockwise are making vernier cam sprockets for the exhaust cam, the plan is to do some more dyno testing to establich where they need to be then possibly making up some new 'fixed' ones for specific applications.

only problem with this is that the exhaust cam timming is very much dependant on the header design as well as everything else, so comming up with a fixed one may not be so useful.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I bet you golden eagle will have theres out before skunks. We are a west coast distubutor for Godlen eagle mfg. Ill let everyone know when they are released. :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.