Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Will adding a stock EG resonator to a tanabe super racing medallion exhaust KILL power? I wanna quiet it down a little, but I don't want to sacrifice power.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
probly...

but isn't the OEM res like a 2 1/4 piping? and your exhaust is 2 1/2?

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, there is a diff in piping, that's why I think it would rape power. I know welding it together wouldn't be the prob cause we could weld it together where the resonator slopes out into a bigger diameter.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
You should just buy a high flow cat or a proper size res if you really want to quiete it down a little...

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
why ghetto fab your $6000+ swap? you know...

But hey you don't have to be like me and spend more monay on everything that comes your way...

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hahaha,I know, you're right.

I haven't sacrificed quality on any part of this setup. I'm not gonna start now. Thanks for knocking some sense in me.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
chameleon said:
um ok ...larry and moe.

how bout you check out kteller.com and get a 2.5" resonator in however length you want it. mild or ss ...its all there.
Thanks Curly :up:

·
Registered
363 Posts
i had always hate tanabe for that reason, always too loud thoses exhaust , its because the muffler its too big for nothing , anyway put a resonator or a better muffler , because friend of mine have a 350z he put the tanabe and the muffler look ugly as it too big and its soo loud

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
<------ You don't have nothing on this....

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
It's not that long anymore... I just got it cut a week or two ago.

give me another month or two (my favorite words to use on this forum), and it will be pretty long again unless I cut it...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.