Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search but had no luck...I just purchased an ACT hd 6 puck clutch kit...They dont come with a throwout bearing or alignment tool. I bought the throwout bearing...How do I align the clutch Acura says they dont sell the alignment tool...Do I eyeball it or what... :D

·
Registered
433 Posts
Pep boys actually sells a universal metric clutch alignment tool. Its like 19 bucks or some shit. I used it once when I was in a bind, it didn't have an exact fit but it was close enough and the tranny went right on. After that I took it back and told them it was shit..got my money back. I could easily eyeball one though. Just tighten down the bolts enough to where the disc is snug but can still be moved. Use something to basically measure it to get it even on all sides compared to the fingers on the diaphragm. The tranny will go on, then after that you have nothing to worry about. That or just go to pep boys and get that universal one.

·
Registered
458 Posts
11sec CR-X said:
I did a search but had no luck...I just purchased an ACT hd 6 puck clutch kit...They dont come with a throwout bearing or alignment tool. I bought the throwout bearing...How do I align the clutch Acura says they dont sell the alignment tool...Do I eyeball it or what... :D
You can buy a clutch aligbment set from any parts store, should be pretty cheap. Make sure have the clutch disc facing the right way.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I work for an Auto parts store and my buddy works for the competitor but no luck it is not sold by itself....thnx guys guess its Eyeball it time...

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
appreciate it...I eyeballed it and dropped it in today...Hope to get the technology... to post pics...Thnx again....The motor is really in there good used Hybrid-Racing.com pnp harness need axles and Kpro...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.