Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chewed up 2nd gear. It wont go into gear at all anymore.

My question is, can i take all of the internals from an accord trans and put them in my rsx transmission case? Yea, i dont care if its gonna be 5 speed.
I have a good accord trans that i can use for parts.

·
Banned
700 Posts
if u swap everything yes, but if u have to ask what exactly what needs to be changed u should take it to somone that know how to rebuild trannys

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Be careful Im going through a rebuild right now. I had a spare TSX six speed trans cause I shredded 2nd with my k24a2 mated to an 02 rsx trans. I tried to swap TSX main and countershaft in with TSX 1-2-6 and RSX 3-4-5 but after reinstall found out the hard way. So I have to pull it again. Hope nothing was damaged. Turns out the Mainshaft is an entirely different part number than the RSX for all years 02-06. So at the very least I believe I have to use an RSX mainshaft. I bought a spare set of 05-06 RSX trans from a friend just in case before rebuild. Guess I'll have to put it to use now.

All in all. Some parts transfer over
Possible that some wont. You have to check your syncro arrangements/washers/dampeners for compatibility and assembly. If you do it yourself keep everything marked or you'll mix something up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts