Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I thought I posted them already. Here they are again...most are big.

I've changed the way the lower radiator hose attached to the t-stat, I removed the elbow and put the hose directly on the t-stat housing to gain some clearance between the hose and the fan.

I still need to evacuate the system and charge it up, just haven't had time yet. Hopefully this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have an EK with A/C....

The factory condenser fits where the radiator was. You can not use the factory fan, an aftermarket fan bolted on the opposite side of the condenser is necessary to use a factor 99 si High pressure side with a slight Bend. A stock RSX low pressure line can be used, with custom lines to the Dryer and Evaporator. I relocated my Dryer to the passenger side.

Wiring is not that bad… if you want the A/C to run like factory, (the engine revs up before the compressor turns on) then you will need rewire and integrate the fuse box from an RSX. (not practical)… If you don’t mind have ruff idle for about a second until the computer makes the correction then I have the solution. Its not that hard. Let me know if interested.

·
Registered
33 Posts
AC UPdate:

Well it turns out you can't wire the compressor directly to the Hondata converted RSX ECU due to the factory RSX ECU gettting it's signal from the multiplex unit, not from the ac button. So to make a long story short, it looks like a software fix in the Hondata may be possible, Hasport is checking to see.

On a hardware note, the factory condensor for the EG R-12 cars needs to have a high powered fan to keep the compressor high side pressure within safe limits. Due to the small tube size of the condensor the compressor head pressures can be high enough to damage the system. I have a pressure relief valve on the receiver-drier and it blew for a second while I was idleing, indicating the high side pressure was too high.

If you switch to the condensor from the cars using the R134a, which are aluminum, it should work OK with a high powered fan. It also may be possible to use the condensor from the EK, which has larger tubes and is about 2 inches taller...I have both and will be test fitting them to see which will work the best...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.