Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

ac compressor removal?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  katman 
#1 ·
ok i know that the rsx engine uses one single belt to pull everything , now my question is all you guys with the swap done already , is the ac compressor still in place for the belt to fit? or you taken it out.

#2 ·
on my swap i removed the ac compressor and still use the power steering pump. Used a 54in 6 rib belt form autozone. I know i'm suppose to run a 7 rib, But they didn't have it. I plan to run a\c in the summer so that will be obviously the oem size i will need.

#3 ·
dapretendr said:
ok i know that the rsx engine uses one single belt to pull everything , now my question is all you guys with the swap done already , is the ac compressor still in place for the belt to fit? or you taken it out.
it's taken out and you have to run a shorter serpentine belt (obviously) once its removed. Not sure what you gotta do plumbing-wise if you wanna retain the A/C compressor for A/C use though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.