Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished reading the new Sport Compact Car magazine and yes, the HASPORT integra with k24a block and k20a2 head with a Jackson supercharger won the FWD class.... That I knew already and very impressive...

WHAT I WAS REALLY IMPRESSED BY WAS THE TIMES.... IT LOST BY 3 SECONDS TO A 98 SKYLINE GTR.... I THINK THE SKYLINE DID A 1 MINUTE 24 SECONDS AND THE INTEGRA DID A 1:27....

PROPS TO THE CAR FOR REPRESENTING THE K SERIES..... :)

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
ninefivehatch said:
skyline - 1:54
integra - 1:58

thats one badass integra. makes me want to do a supercharged k24 vtec in my little eg hatch.
Superchargers suck. YELLS :TURBO TURBO :twisted:

·
Registered
599 Posts
I'm in the process of rebuilding both cars for the next Time Attack.

The Integra is getting a sleeved K24 with 88mm bore, 11.0:1 compression and increasing the boost on the supercharger. It may also have an intercooler. The car is getting a new splitter and rear wing.

The 96 Civic will get a GT3071, the engine moved back 2 inches and some 245 wide tires with some new aerodynamics.

Both cars will have somewhere in the neighborhood of 375-400hp. I'm just hi-lighting some of the mods, there are actaully quite a few more.

brian g

·
Banned
320 Posts
brian g said:
I'm in the process of rebuilding both cars for the next Time Attack.

The Integra is getting a sleeved K24 with 88mm bore, 11.0:1 compression and increasing the boost on the supercharger. It may also have an intercooler. The car is getting a new splitter and rear wing.

The 96 Civic will get a GT3071, the engine moved back 2 inches and some 245 wide tires with some new aerodynamics.

Both cars will have somewhere in the neighborhood of 375-400hp. I'm just hi-lighting some of the mods, there are actaully quite a few more.

brian g
Funny that you should mention that. I was thinking about changing my direction and building an unlimited setup for time attack instead of the H1 spec I have been working on. Today I was thinking about what I would want to do and I though "I wonder if I could get Hasport to make some mounts to move the engine back more..."

Anyway both the cars are sweet - when is the next Time Attack? Is it open to spectators?

·
Registered
599 Posts
909edge said:
Anyway both the cars are sweet - when is the next Time Attack? Is it open to spectators?
The date is still up in the air and I believe it will be open to the public.

brian g

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey Brian, what JR kit are you running on that car? the race kit or the street kit? Got any dyno pulls with it? great setup!!

·
Registered
599 Posts
JRl said:
hey Brian, what JR kit are you running on that car? the race kit or the street kit? Got any dyno pulls with it? great setup!!
The car runs the 02up Civic Si kit with a high boost pulley. I'll try to get a dyno sheet from CAT and post it. There is a feature on the car in the new issue of Super Street Magazine on sale now.

brian g

·
Registered
10 Posts
why arn't you using the RSX race kit? looks like i'm gonna have to pick up that SS issue. thanks.

·
Registered
599 Posts
JRl said:
why arn't you using the RSX race kit? looks like i'm gonna have to pick up that SS issue. thanks.
I will next time, we just took what we had in our 02 Si and transplanted into the Integra. It was the expeditious thing to do.

brian g

·
Registered
50 Posts
C-Zero said:
HERES WHAT I THINK OF SKYLINES!

What a shame :( ....I happen to think Skylines are great...

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Blue-Civic-Hybrid said:
C-Zero said:

Get a 2000 lotus exige and swap a k24, you will be able to eat any awd car.

There like 20k and I want one, it looks expensive like 100k expensive, and you don't even have to do anything to it, add stiffer suspension and add some bars.

·
Registered
10 Posts
C-Zero said:
Blue-Civic-Hybrid said:
C-Zero said:

Get a 2000 lotus exige and swap a k24, you will be able to eat any awd car.

There like 20k and I want one, it looks expensive like 100k expensive, and you don't even have to do anything to it, add stiffer suspension and add some bars.
you find a lotus exige for 20k and give me a call....it won't happen.

#1 the lotus elise's are 40k alone
#2 the exige's arn't even avaliable in america

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
you find a lotus exige for 20k and give me a call....it won't happen.

#1 the lotus elise's are 40k alone
#2 the exige's arn't even avaliable in america
1. Not USED, and I would not give you a call buddy.

2. STFU NOOB yes they are. S2 are now being sold and a couple of S1's sitting around.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts