Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
K24 USDM EG
26,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this might be an odd question or odd scenerio but here it goes guys..

so i originally started with a a3 motor well long story short i ditched the head and complete bottomend. and im running a A2 crank, eagle rods, cp pistons, and type-r head...

well i kept my a3 pulley and didnt realize that theres a difference between the a3 and a2..

so i read that if your not running ps or ac then you would need a 50.5 size alt belt... well thats basised on a A2 crank pulley.

anyone know right off hand whats the difference in size so i can figure up what size alternator belt ill need?

·
K24 USDM EG
26,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i figured this was gonna be one of those things i was going to have to figure out on my own.... oh well.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
It is a approx 1.3" length difference in belts between the different size crank pulleys.

I had posted up how to figure it out mathematically based off the crank pulley dia.

·
K24 USDM EG
26,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a approx 1.3" length difference in belts between the different size crank pulleys.

I had posted up how to figure it out mathematically based off the crank pulley dia.
so really i should be ok with a 52"

if i take the 50.5" + 1.3" = 51.8"

i got 50.5" from froths post. thats for a A2 so would you say that would work talonxracer?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.