Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I will be getting my k swap pretty soon now and I would like to cruize around with it n/a for a bit and then turbo it next season. Would the A2 be better for a turbo as opposed to the A ? I like the pricetag on the A2 alot better but If there is an decient advantage justifying spending 2.5k that the A has then I would rather invest in that instead.

Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i would say if your going turbo next year, go a2. no point getting the a, when in a year, your taking everything in the a out that makes it an a. engine in a year when you are going to rip it all apart to turbo it anyways.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea thats what I was thinking but I just wanted to make sure before I went ahead and purchased it.

Thanx

·
Registered
186 Posts
ninefivehatch said:
i would say if your going turbo next year, go a2. no point getting the a, when in a year, your taking everything in the a out that makes it an a. engine in a year when you are going to rip it all apart to turbo it anyways.
i agree, but i have read that the A cams have more duration than the A2 cams, so wouldnt the A benefit more from the boost.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Don't forget anout the LSD and the better gearing. I would say it would be worth getting he K20a. especially if you are going to cruise it around N/A for a while. then in the future you could always just buy an A2 block and build it for a little boost. I'm sure you also would not have any trouble selling the K20a bottom end if you decide to get the A2 block for boostin.

·
Registered
8 Posts
the k20a is far better off na. surely it would be better to boost the a2. however, the lower compression on the a3 is better for boosting, but of course, it has some weak sauce internals. but anyway, boost the a2!

·
Banned
70 Posts
If you're going to boost, and planning to replace the pistons/rods anyway I would suggest getting the A2. The depending on how much power you plan to make the A2s tranny will provide much better driveability. Since you will most likely end up replacing the stock A LSD anyway, the more you compare the better the A2 looks. While you will be losing some things, like better IM, better cams; the money saved will go a long way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts