Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is my problem i'm boosting my k20a3 and the rods for a a3 cost about $710.00 but i got a good deal on a set of wisco pistons and eagle rods but they are for a k20a2 i kno that the 2 bottom end are a little different but i'm picking up a type-s crank would i be able to use t for the piston&rod setup

:cool:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Is the k20a crank the same as the k20a2 crank and is knife edging the crank worth it edo or does it make the crank weaker?What would you say is the safest compression to run on 94 octane?I would like just to change the pistons and rods and get everything balanced.Also if i go for the IPS cams will i see some gains from doing a port and polish.I plan on getting the TWM itbs to go with the cams and k-pro and a bump in compression cant wait :up:

·
Registered
593 Posts
K20A and K20A2 cranks share the same part number.

Knife edging is okay for balancing purposes - don't get too carried away though if it's still a street car. Just remove enough material to help balance the rotating assembly as best as you can.

We've run 12:1 on 91 octane, so I think you may get away with 12.5:1 on 94.
We haven't tested our cams in a ported head, but the K-series doesn't need much work since it flows 300cfm from the factory. You can go wrong pretty quickly if the porter doesn't have any experience with the K-series. The feedback I've received from the good cylinder head shops say that minor work in strategic places are all that's necessary to improve the head for most performance applications. Then again, the best cylinder head prep will be custom for the cams you choose to run and the complete engine combination.

-Ron

·
Registered
593 Posts
That's a standard price for what you're getting, but King campaigns their World Challenge car so they probably have more experience than most with K-series.

If they're local to you, then go for it.

-Ron

·
Registered
593 Posts
Very easy to verify:

1. Call up acura parts counter and ask for part numbers for both K20A2 and K20A3 crank.

2. Physically look at both side by side. The K20A2 crank will have 8 counterweights, whereas the K20A3 crank will only have 4

-Ron

·
Registered
81 Posts
o2seriousi said:
so should i buy the crank, in order to put the piston&rods in...i'm trying to come out hard for the spring boosted k20a3 in a ej1 (92-95 civic coupe) w/ k-pro

:D
what does the rsx crank run

·
Registered
14 Posts
Edo is correct, if you are going to run the A2 rods and pistons then run the crank also, and what you look at is not how much the crank will set you back, look at what a New shortblock will set you back if your A3 crank doesnt hold together with your new setup? Thats like Macaroni and cheese, without the cheeeeese :eek: Its just not the same, well good luck with your build :up: ....

Caio,
D :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.