Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions, the first one being a time issue of needing to know if I can and should get this part because the price is great and I dont have much more time to get it.

First question. I found a local guy that has a 06+ civic si(k20z3) intake manifold for $100 and I wanted to know if that will fit onto my 02 honda civic si k20a3, I know there is the rbc manifold you can swap onto my car that will help with some HP but I know it needs and adapter it wont just bolt on.

My other questions is about the kpro system, I have 3in exhaust, straight through cat, dc headers, cai, everything else on the engine is stock, I really don't want to go turbo I would rather have an all motor car so I plan on buying other internals as I have time/money to upgrade more but I figured the next best upgrade would be the kpro. With the current mods that I have using the kpro what kind of HP gains should I be seeing? I was reading the ad for it and it said expect around 20hp for NA engine and 10-100hp for turbo. If I add a cam and port and polish and a few other internal mods on the engine can I expect more then 20hp using the kpro or?

Another question about the kpro, how hard is it to use, I am a computer person so I don't see myself having any issues with it but I have never used or seen one work and I am just wondering how it works really, basically you have the program on your laptop and you set all the settings you want to turn on and you can driv eyour car and test them then change things and drive and test is that about how it goes? is it easy to break something using the kpro?

Also one more question about the kpro, with my straight cat my check engine light is on, will I be able to make my car pass inspection with the cat or will the kpro not fix that issue?

Thanks for any help, I am sure that some poeple will be mad because I have asked questions rather then searching for hours to figure out but I have pretty specific questions to my car so I doubt I would easily be able to find the answers and I am hoping some more knowledgeable people can help me out.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Wow i just wrote a whole damn essay for u but the page didnt load...

I/h/e/img/tbbore/kpro will only net you around 160-170. Tq will be 135-145.

O yeah, get rid of your "straight through cat" which im guessing means you gutted it. Get a true race header if you really wanna make power. BCRH works, SSR, Hytech will make insane power.

Getting cams, a ported head, the necessary valvetrain, and a good tune will net you around 195-210 hp with tq varying between 130-155 depending on what brand cam you use.

I ran I/h/e/img/tbbore/rbc/kpro/ground kit/stg 3 skunk2 cams/exhaust cam gear/skunk2 valvetrain/mugen head gasket/ported & polished head/colder plugs/10w40 redline oil/etc with 209 hp and 133 lb ft. It was a monster but blew in like 4 ****ing hours. ****ing weak. I nvr found the problem either man. :(

Don't bother on the rbc till you have cams and a ported head because you will not flow enough air or rev high enough. The rbc and the 06+ intake mani is the same exact thing ok. Also don't try to tune your own computer unless you really know man, take it to a shop.

Also do not neglect the tranny bro. A lightened flywheel and performance clutch let the engine rev much cleaner and quicker. Make sure you upgrade your final drive as well 5.062 is the JDM CRV final drive. Its cheap and works great.

All in all I never gave up on the a3 ive got another block in my garage thats built and blueprinted. I just need to port the head since I can't find a shop I can trust...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts