Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm having troubles trying to wire up my A/C. Here is the thing: all I need is a ground signal activated by the A/C pressure switch to allow the ECU command to activate the A/C compressor clutch. On 99-00 civics, the OEM setup connects this switch to A27 pin, which have a 5V signal if no ground is applied. When the switch is activated, the A27 pin reads ground and let the ECU send the signal to activate the A/C compressor clutch.

On K20A2 this signal is controlled by the multiplex. I know that KPROs can use the VTC pin (B9) to manage this switch, but how can I wire it on the AEM EMS Series 2 306030? There are many pins available but I don't know which one can receive a ground signal.

For now I'm running my A/C with a relay setup but the idle dies when the A/C is on and I don't want to adjust the idle manually, I would like the ECU could compensate this.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You probably already figured this out by now but I'll post for future reference.

I am using AEM Series 1, but they should be the same or similar.
I used pin E11 (swith #1) as input and E18 (lowside driver #6) as output to compressor.
In the A/C setup, A/C Request input is: Switch #1 Gnd=Off.
A/C Clutch is: LS6

1 - 2 of 2 Posts