Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

So I have a 94 cx, all of the a/c was ripped out and I have tracked down and completely replaced everything. I'm running k20a2 with kpro v4 and hybrid racings a/c kit along with all the rest oem Honda parts.

I'm having a wiring issue. When I turn the key to ignition on the condenser fan kicks on until I turn the key off, not sure if normal but to my understanding the fan should work in unison with the compressor. Another issue I'm running into is when I turn on the a/c switch I'm not getting a signal to the kpro. I have it tapped into the vtp input and I have the settings correct in kpro. My compressor wiring is good for if I ground out the ACC wire coming out of the ecu the compressor kicks on no problems. I have the ecu up in the computer and I'm not getting a signal for the A/C switch on when I turn it on in the car.

My question is when I turn on the a/c switch in the car does that go straight to the ecu or is there sensors this goes through first. I have the ac temp sensor in the evap core and it is hooked up. I have read a few things pointing at that but not sure.

Any advice on troubleshooting or what to check next is appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Have you double checked the wiring instructions for the Hybrid kit? Is the relay wired in correctly? Its odd that the fan is running all the time with the key.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you double checked the wiring instructions for the Hybrid kit? Is the relay wired in correctly? Its odd that the fan is running all the time with the key.
Not using the relay, using Kpro's vtp alternate a/c input.

And yes I followed all the Hybrid instructions...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts