stage 2 clutch
apexi turbo muffler
2 1/2 inch pipping
gas pressure gauge

vs

92 eg hatch
k20a2
"stock"

Who do you guys think will win. This sohc wants to run me for rims what yall think lol. I feel pretty confident in my kseries hatch

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Thing with sohc turbo is that they got almost same torque then power...how much boost its run? But oen thing for sure...you dont need to wait to got your power...your N/A :D

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Looks like you're gonna get yourself a new set of rims....

·
Registered
159 Posts
yeah, I want to know what kind of wheels your racing for.

And I think you should do it. If you can get it off the launch, he is done.

·
Registered
164 Posts
im borred but the k has it in da bag if da driver of the single turbo doesnt know how to drive ,nice rims

·
Registered
2 Posts
I personally have owned a handfull of sohc turbo's, and 10psi untuned you will destroy him. Honestly he would be lucky to break high 13's tuned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/K...ith_209996.htm

im new to the game but look for the Z6 Del sol , gives em a good run , If ur friend IS still untuned Gratz on ur rims if he went and tuned behind ur back might be a good race imo , but like i said new to the game. (dont underestimate the D16's , turbod16.com has quite a few cars that could run with some K's i know.)
yea, I used to bullshit people when I had my turbo d and tell them that im running 10psi, when I was running 25.

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
yea, I used to bullshit people when I had my turbo d and tell them that im running 10psi, when I was running 25.
yeah just like the Turbo Sol in this vid told me he was pushin 12psi on a T3/TO4E and only making 205hp to the wheels. Granted he was break boosting but still, no way he would jump at first like he did. I used to have a turbo d16z6 setup with a T3 60 trim myself on 10psi so i know what it "should" have done. Also talked to someone else with the EXACT same setup in another Del Sol pushing 1 more psi who was making right at 300hp to the wheels........hmmm 12psi at 205....yeah right. In my vid the white del sol does break boost so you better have the rules set before the race as to what is and is not allowed if racing from a roll. Also, since a set of rims are on the table i would have one of your friends ride in his car during the race and watch his boost gauge to make sure he doesn't crank it up and pull a fast one on ya.

here's what about a 300whp turbo sol will do against a k24a1/k20a2 EX coupe. He got a nice run on the first race but couldnt come close last few, i dont think he brake boosted a lot on the last few.

http://k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54069

1 - 20 of 29 Posts