Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have a 98 civic ek coupe. I just got my k20a2 in the car and got it to fire up! Super stoked. BUT I noticed my axles seemed to be angled downward on the driver side? I have stock suspension as of now. My driver side knuckle hangs down rather low when it is on jack stands. Passenger side does not. But when I put my wheels back on and took the car off the jackstands it did help a lot but there is still a slight angle to the axle. Is this normal???

·
Super Moderator
2002 DC5 Type S
2,138 Posts
I’m dealing with Covid right now, I will once I’m not bed bound. That makes me feel a bit better since the axles aren’t always straight.
Get well brother.. The car can take a back-burner, health and money is first.

·
Super Moderator
2002 DC5 Type S
2,138 Posts
I appreciate that. I did notice today I went outside for a quick moment, could the result of why my wheel knuckle hangs so low while on jack stands is because of a blown strut??
cars on jackstands have a sag look on the wheels. oh you will knowe it when you drive it on a blown-strut. You have the parts bug talking to you on some new coilovers. Only a grand...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This sag is excessive though. Like bad. The control arms look fine other than one of the bushings are starting to crack/break it looks like. So I can only assume it’s the strut that blew.

·
Super Moderator
2002 DC5 Type S
2,138 Posts
This sag is excessive though. Like bad. The control arms look fine other than one of the bushings are starting to crack/break it looks like. So I can only assume it’s the strut that blew.
pictures bro.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts