Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

96 RHD JDM CR-V AWD k24a build New Zealand first drive

10K views 68 replies 8 participants last post by  Robbie_Oh 
#1 · (Edited)
First off, massive shout out to Adam at Speed science https://www.speedscience.co.nz/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA962BBhCzARIsAIpWEL2z87qjykyrShz09EZfNI3U8yFTcYh3UWPvnl9T5LmTRvIINZ6mJmIaAmNeEALw_wc

was a big help with finding me the parts i needed including some hard to find bits at the moment.

and Brian and the gang over at vtec academy for the knowledge bombs in my ear holes... highly recommend checking out vtec academy live for taco Tuesdays.

and of course hasport mounts

I have quit my job to build a YouTube channel (would appreciate a follow if you enjoy the content). https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJaqDTwsTs6Rx3vrAaIrSsA

First major project is my wife's first gen RD1 Honda CRV and like the title says its getting a K Swap.

It's not the first time the RD1 has been on my channel, I have a series on dismantling it for vinyl wrap and refreshing plastic trims.

this is how it started life ... Spanish rose and a bit tired but with the nice oem extras. sun roof, WANG, nudge bar, nurf bars etc

stripped it down

gave it a cut and polish and then attempted vinyl wrapping

For the k swap i needed to upgrade to 5x114.3 hubs, unfortunately i didn't document this as time was an issue but i still have the donor crv that we will be swapping more bits off of soon.

i also had a Honda odyssey i was flipping that ended up being a cvt mechanical write off so i pulled the engine and kept the wheels and new tyres, the rest went to the wreckers.

my wife decided she liked the 18" rims over the stock steel ones i had on the freshly swapped 5x114.3 hubs ...

not bad.. kinda looks like a drug dealer now... but it's temporary as she wants the offroad look, wide steelies a lift and some off road tyres.

i was waiting on some transmission work to be finished on my S2000, so while that's taking up room in the garage it's time to unbox a bunch of goodies from Speed Science and start getting the k24a3 reading for its new home.

If anyone is interested here is a link to the s2000 content and the s2k

See less See more
3 10
#61 ·
Power to weight... what a weapon. Forgot you already said it was a ef etc

Know of anyone who does cert on Japanese cars ? There is a guy in nelson but apparently hes a real dick and is biased af. (Only likes old muscle cars etc)

Reactions: Bjorn
#62 ·
I have had 2 certs done. One at rods rides in Richmond. He was over the top on some things and couldn't care less about others. The other was a chch certifier ian Smith. He was really good and helpful, he gave me plenty of options and good explanations on what i could do to meet his standards.

LVVTA is continually being overhauled, the certifiers themselves have very little authority now and basically just take photos and measurements and part numbers and component brands then its all assessed at head office by their engineers before it can be signed off. A lot of the certifiers are getting frustrated with this process and don't really want to do it anymore.

I would just take the car to your local guy and ask him what the requirements are for what you've done. Be honest with him and be open to constructive criticism.

#65 ·
Welcome to K20a.org @Robbie_Oh. I am curious, what would be the basic layout: sleeper or obviously tuned face? What would be your power goal? I would love to read more about it in your built thread. If you have any questions to orga and forum function let me or the mod team know what you need. For all technical questions we have knowledgeable members here for all technical fields.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.