Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,022 Posts
Ok next up is axles, I need to keep ABS.

RD5 k series axles have the abs ring in the hub, rd1/ older Honda have the them on the axle.
So what ensued was a whole bunch of fu*kery trying to get the correct lengths with the correct ousters lol

in my case the b series rd1 axles are automatic sooooo basically swap the k inner c.v left to right and use rd1 ousters kinda lol

if you have rd1 manual axles swap the inner c.v left to right

if you don't care about abs then run the stock k series axles and swap those inner c.v

View attachment 105597
View attachment 105598

___

Next up was radiator setup, finish installing the radiator, installing the fans and running the wires.

Managed to get OEM plugs on the new fans.

View attachment 105599
View attachment 105600

_

With the fan wiring in it was time to learn some more about how hondata and kpro function.
I'm completely new to this but its doesn't seem to complicated at least for he basics. So I calibrated the tps and used a fan protection setting to force the fan circuit on.

While im on the subject of a tune is anyone keen to help me tune it a little over team viewer or data log ? Brent at PFI has said he is interested in tuning it for me but finding time is an issue.

_

I'm currently having to kill time while I wait on some prelude parts to arrive and have a line made to finish filming how to convert your crv to rear disc brakes.

Soooo this might be illegal in some countries and I don't condone tampering with cluster mileage / kz .

But the way new Zealand wof system works I really need the chassis mileage to match the cluster... but my cluster is automatic and 180kph vs the manual 220kph and not having the automatic selector bs between he temp and fuel gauges would be nice.

So I had to pull apart my manual cluster and alter the mileage to that of the chassis

View attachment 105601
View attachment 105602

and with that we are all caught up... next is rear disc conversion and DIY full exhaust system.

Planning on running the factory o2, do I need to buy a proper wide band for any kind of tuning or am I going to be ok with OEM? If not is there a budget option ? Only options I see are the AEM units which are expensive AF in New Zealand...

I'm not chasing big power numbers... just want to make use of the 50 degree vtc and a decent improvement over the aids auto b20 that was in it
The factory o2 for k series is a wideband sensor. As long as the ecu is reading the sensor correctly ,it will provide the AFR data you need. Are you using kpro or ktuner or a similar ecu for tuning ?

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
The factory o2 for k series is a wideband sensor. As long as the ecu is reading the sensor correctly ,it will provide the AFR data you need. Are you using kpro or ktuner or a similar ecu for tuning ?
I like how Kpro works just fine with the factory o2. and 2nd o2 can be turned off. i like that, i just scored a denso one

·
Registered
2000 s2000 ap1 f20c jdm. building a 1996 awd k24a swap crv
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I like how Kpro works just fine with the factory o2. and 2nd o2 can be turned off. i like that, i just scored a denso one
I have kpro v4 the o2 i have is from the rd5 part number Ohj 562 h8. Been told i should use Denso 234-9005, but it looks the same to me. Will just wing it for now lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Have just completed the brake upgrades including a rear disc conversion using prelude bb6 rear disc brakes.

The car is now back on its wheels and I'm getting ready to build a custom exhaust.

Automotive tire Flash photography Sculpture Wood Circle

Human body Bone Bicycle part Wood Auto part
Bone Wood Plant Sculpture Artifact
Automotive tire Flash photography Bicycle part Rim Machine
Flash photography Darkness Art Auto part Metal
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Flash photography Headlamp Jewellery
Automotive lighting Revolver Lock Electric blue Auto part

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
man i know one of the coolest tricks to building a custom exhaust and using a mechanical drop bade bandsaw.

i take a full section of piping and set it up level. use center finders to mark TDC at both ends, draw a line from one end to the other with a 4" or 1 yard straight edge. take the O.D. of the pipe X 3.1416 then divide by 4 = A. Lay out A at 0 degree which was completed already, 90 degree, 180 degree, and 270 degree, repeat the level and TDC mark layout by center finder or square with a level on top works just a well. Once all 4 lines are drawn, while the pipe is being ready for cut through the band saw, each repeating cut can be set back to TDC by the marks and one can cut correct pie cuts over and over again. I can prep 100's of pie cuts, not needed, quickly like this and they will be dead on accurate.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
man i know one of the coolest tricks to building a custom exhaust and using a mechanical drop bade bandsaw.

i take a full section of piping and set it up level. use center finders to mark TDC at both ends, draw a line from one end to the other with a 4" or 1 yard straight edge. take the O.D. of the pipe X 3.1416 then divide by 4 = A. Lay out A at 0 degree which was completed already, 90 degree, 180 degree, and 270 degree, repeat the level and TDC mark layout by center finder or square with a level on top works just a well. Once all 4 lines are drawn, while the pipe is being ready for cut through the band saw, each repeating cut can be set back to TDC by the marks and one can cut correct pie cuts over and over again. I can prep 100's of pie cuts, not needed, quickly like this and they will be dead on accurate.
Hell yeah some good info there, cheers!

I purchased pre bent sections 45 60 90 etc so in terms of diy it should be a relatively simple.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Hell yeah some good info there, cheers!

I purchased pre bent sections 45 60 90 etc so in terms of diy it should be a relatively simple.
indeed. i am getting a chance to use the 128" bandsaw from my old work. i am laying out a 4ft. section of 3" SS exhaust pipe like this to make a bunch of pie cuts. without those layout lines the pie cuts will struggle to be accurate and it is much much faster to do it my way. mostly i need the pie cut from the section going over the rear suspension arms and sway bar obstructions.

i will document it here shortly and link it to you so you can see.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
indeed. i am getting a chance to use the 128" bandsaw from my old work. i am laying out a 4ft. section of 3" SS exhaust pipe like this to make a bunch of pie cuts. without those layout lines the pie cuts will struggle to be accurate and it is much much faster to do it my way. mostly i need the pie cut from the section going over the rear suspension arms and sway bar obstructions.

i will document it here shortly and link it to you so you can see.
Sounds good mate, cheers

41 - 53 of 53 Posts