Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2000 s2000 ap1 f20c jdm. building a 1996 awd k24a swap crv
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Yes i put b series cv joints straight onto dc5 axles for my ef k20
Oh fek yeah cheers dude!!! Ef with a k20 would be nuts. How was cert process?

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,022 Posts
Awesome pictures ! The car is starting to look very good. I have a neighbor down the road with a crv the same year who would 💩 if he saw this 😂

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Awesome pictures ! The car is starting to look very good. I have a neighbor down the road with a crv the same year who would 💩 if he saw this 😂
Thank you!! Lol, you should show him.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Oh fek yeah cheers dude!!! Ef with a k20 would be nuts. How was cert process?
Not Road legal at this stage. It's a full caged race/ club car. Hopefully it's at a certifiable standard. Would like to get on the road

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Not Road legal at this stage. It's a full caged race/ club car. Hopefully it's at a certifiable standard. Would like to get on the road
Yeah man, one of the shit things about nz. Wof and cert. Complete joke. Got a picture to share?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Ironically I'm a wof inspector. It's Not really a show pony unfortunately

View attachment 105100
Looks mean on those phat tyres.
Yeah ive worked as a mechanic here in nz and have two mates who are wof inspectors.

I have a usa passport aswell as nz. Born in nz, so I've spent some time in the states without wof cof etc and it works, really well.

Reactions: KBuilt

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,022 Posts
Looks mean on those phat tyres.
Yeah ive worked as a mechanic here in nz and have two mates who are wof inspectors.

I have a usa passport aswell as nz. Born in nz, so I've spent some time in the states without wof cof etc and it works, really well.
In parts of Oregon they don’t check anything except make sure the vin number matches the license plate pretty much 😂

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
In parts of Oregon they don’t check anything except make sure the vin number matches the license plate pretty much 😂
The way it should be 😁

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Managed to get the radiator and lines routed.

Was a slight mess of things between an OEM EP3/DC5 -rsx radiator k-tuned swivel thermostat 90 degree stainless bends and hybrid racing radiator lines.

The upper coolant block for the head with a straight fitting caused some drama with routing the coolant away from the intake pipe and IACV lines.
Same with the lower thermostat position the OEM rad outlet and the a/c pump.

If I had to do it again I would completely remove the oem thermostat housing fit the k tuned swivel to the water pump directly and run my own line for the heater matrix, I only just realised this was an option lol...

anyways, here as some pictures of the progress and a link to my latest video.
Cheers.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,026 Posts
If I had to do it again I would completely remove the oem thermostat housing fit the k tuned swivel to the water pump directly and run my own line for the heater matrix, I only just realised this was an option lol...
Thanks for your nice update and video. Wouldn't the outlet coolant temperature more interesting to see where the engine is actually working? I mean the temperature sensor which you mentioned to be used for the dash. What would a too low temperature for the K-series from your perspective?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thanks for your nice update and video. Wouldn't the outlet coolant temperature more interesting to see where the engine is actually working? I mean the temperature sensor which you mentioned to be used for the dash. What would a too low temperature for the K-series from your perspective?
Sorry dude im a little confused as to what you're asking.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Crv Control arms with eg bushings on a eg civic subframe mated to a rd1 chassis with a k24a awd manual and a integra steering rack lol... what could go wrong? Well there where some clearance issues... and the crv sway bar won't work with the eg subframe. Anyone out there ever done a crv kswap? What sub frame and sway bar did you use.. at a guess your rolling without a front sway bar lol. Anyone here have a crv without a front sway bar fitted? How does it drive?

As always thanks for the support ❤ check out the vid, sub etc cheers 🍻

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Stiffer Front springs can roughly offset the lack of swaybar
Thank you, thats good to know. My lift springs will be stiffer than oem i think. Need to find the specs.

Also just found out dc2 type r sway bar might work, currently trying to hunt one down

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Ok next up is axles, I need to keep ABS.

RD5 k series axles have the abs ring in the hub, rd1/ older Honda have the them on the axle.
So what ensued was a whole bunch of fu*kery trying to get the correct lengths with the correct ousters lol

in my case the b series rd1 axles are automatic sooooo basically swap the k inner c.v left to right and use rd1 ousters kinda lol

if you have rd1 manual axles swap the inner c.v left to right

if you don't care about abs then run the stock k series axles and swap those inner c.v

Fastener Motor vehicle Wood Machine tool Household hardware

Automotive tire Household hardware Flash photography Gas Wood

___

Next up was radiator setup, finish installing the radiator, installing the fans and running the wires.

Managed to get OEM plugs on the new fans.

Car Vehicle Grille Wheel Automotive lighting

Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire

_

With the fan wiring in it was time to learn some more about how hondata and kpro function.
I'm completely new to this but its doesn't seem to complicated at least for he basics. So I calibrated the tps and used a fan protection setting to force the fan circuit on.

While im on the subject of a tune is anyone keen to help me tune it a little over team viewer or data log ? Brent at PFI has said he is interested in tuning it for me but finding time is an issue.

_

I'm currently having to kill time while I wait on some prelude parts to arrive and have a line made to finish filming how to convert your crv to rear disc brakes.

Soooo this might be illegal in some countries and I don't condone tampering with cluster mileage / kz .

But the way new Zealand wof system works I really need the chassis mileage to match the cluster... but my cluster is automatic and 180kph vs the manual 220kph and not having the automatic selector bs between he temp and fuel gauges would be nice.

So I had to pull apart my manual cluster and alter the mileage to that of the chassis

Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior Headlamp Rim

Automotive lighting Flash photography Input device Automotive design Personal luxury car

and with that we are all caught up... next is rear disc conversion and DIY full exhaust system.

Planning on running the factory o2, do I need to buy a proper wide band for any kind of tuning or am I going to be ok with OEM? If not is there a budget option ? Only options I see are the AEM units which are expensive AF in New Zealand...

I'm not chasing big power numbers... just want to make use of the 50 degree vtc and a decent improvement over the aids auto b20 that was in it

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Nice build. The photographs are amazing and make watching this even better. I really dig the 304 SS elbows on the lower radiator hose set up. Just a nice touch that will survive aluminum any day of the week.

My niece and I are now wanting to put together a CRV after looking at your thread. Thank you for sharing the hard work, nice dedication to the build thread.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Nice build. The photographs are amazing and make watching this even better. I really dig the 304 SS elbows on the lower radiator hose set up. Just a nice touch that will survive aluminum any day of the week.

My niece and I are now wanting to put together a CRV after looking at your thread. Thank you for sharing the hard work, nice dedication to the build thread.
Thank you i appreciate it. Hopefully those elbows don't leak lol haven't had a chance to pressure test anything yet.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I'm enjoying your Youtube videos. I admire your persistence!
Peter

21 - 40 of 53 Posts