Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it going K20a.org, I joined this site in 2006 to learn a few things about the K-series and man did I. I went from wanting to do a K swap, back to a SOHC turbo, to stock SOHC back to doing a K swap and have not been any happier or BROKER then now:down::D lol.....but learning from all the posts that is on this lovely site and getting motivation from a lot of you ballers out there, I finally decided to make a build thread.

I'm gonna post some pics of parts etc that i have laying around. And this will be done in no particular order so sorry for the crappy iPhone pics as all of these are from my FaceBook and MySpace accounts:(

give me postive or negative feedback and I'll take what you guys say to heart but try to BE NICE lol.....its been a long 3-4 years collecting parts, buying things I didn't need or didn't know that I didn't need or couldn't use or just plain changing my mind. Its an expensive swap but I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end! Thanks to this site and a bunch of close friends I never gave up and I am not giving up! thanks and aloha:up:

specs:
K24a4 block 87.5mm
Wiseco 12.5:1 pistons
BP I beam rods
Stock port K20a2 head
BP valvetrain
BP stage 3 cams
TSX 25* vtc gear
Type S oil pump
HR chain tensioner
HR tucked fuel rail
Marshall fuel gauge
RC 750cc injectors
DTR/SSR 4-2-1 header :FOR SALE:
ASP custom 4-1 header with megaphone/reverse cone
TWM 54mm ITB's :SOLD:
Stock RBC
70mm Skunk2 throttle body
HR tps
AEM fuel regulator
HR fuel lines
Russel's inline fuel filter
Karcepts 70mm RBC tb adaptor
Karcepts iacv delete plate
Karcepts billet throttle cable bracket
HR radiator
HR radiator hoses
ChaseBays brack tuck kit
ChaseBays Raychem DR-25 ground kit
Stock Type S 6 speed transmission
Competition Clutch stage 4 clutch
Type S flywheel
HR heavy duty shift cables
blah blah blah on to my crappy pics

the project

K20a2 Type S burn bearing :( bought for the trans, IM, harness etc

AEM fpr and Marshall fpg

stock RBC im, Hondata IMG, tb adaptor

SSR/DTR 4-2-1 header

Hasport EKK2 mounts

new oem o2 sensor

Hybrid Racing fuel lines

Hybrid Racing radiator

DC2 subframe

SI rear disc

Karcepts kit *sold*

got this instead :p

Slim fan, Hybrid Racing conversion harness, K series ecus

Hybrid Racing heavy duty shifter cables

BDL fuel rail

some body work

stripped...sorta

aerocatch hood pins

wiseco 12.5:1

K24a4 block supposedly hot tanked *bs*, bored and honed to 87.5 with BluePrint head studs and Wiseco's

Type S head. stock port BluePrint valvetrain

BluePrint stage 3 cams

i was afraid of TCT failure so I picked up the HR unit :up:

getting there

and its done....so I thought

my garage

cleaning the bay Simple Green does WONDERS

random pic sitting in my coupe

nicer then before i started

painted the bay

and CHANGED my mine and went with a TWM 54mm ITB setup *thanks K20EF8*

Competition stage 4 clutch

installed

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got a EK coupe and honestly that was my first love and where a my money went. I've always wanted a hatch but couldn't find one so when a friend was selling this one I snatched it! The coupe is by far a whole lot more cleaner but, i've always loved the style of the hatch.

And btw....I LOVE your engine bay. A friend of mine suggested we paint it some bright color to catch peoples attention....still thinking about it! Maybe later

a pic of my coupe at its peak

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
nice gl with build , we got similar build just diffrent cams and intake mani oh n shell

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
thanks bro. I can't wait to feel what all my money went too! its been so long and overdue :(.....goodluck on your build also :up:
thanks but im so close but yet so far on finishing, hey how much u paid for your itbs, i keep getting second thought about getting a set and selling my intake mani

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks but im so close but yet so far on finishing, hey how much u paid for your itbs, i keep getting second thought about getting a set and selling my intake mani
I got them for 1200 from K20EF8 :up: but I kept my RBC setup just in case.

Bump for the 808, keep the pics coming, like i said those ITB's look MENTAL!! bra your garage looks sick! love the coupe too, but way to keep it EK!
thanks man. Hopefully I get it running soon.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha I'm not a baller man, I'm broke as f*ck :up: I just got plastic love :p bit on all of my other setups I've always used shitty parts! On my K swap I figure do shit right, do it once! And hopefully it works out good. I've got quality pmotor parts but I gotta rock Rotas and stock seats etc! You mainland guys are inspiration for me!! Straight up BALLERS :up::up:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Haha I'm not a baller man, I'm broke as f*ck :up: I just got plastic love :p bit on all of my other setups I've always used shitty parts! On my K swap I figure do shit right, do it once! And hopefully it works out good. I've got quality pmotor parts but I gotta rock Rotas and stock seats etc! You mainland guys are inspiration for me!! Straight up BALLERS :up::up:
Haha hell yeah, My old GSR was straight ghetto rigged left and right, But now that i'm going K i'm going balls to the wall and it's taking forever, I just wanna hear it turn over!!!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dude.....I know exactly how you feel. I've been collecting parts for almost 4 years. It's so sad that my DSS 2.9 axles are brand new, 3.5 years old and have no warranty lol. And I never in my life thought I'd ever spend $1,200 on a damn header etc! But I'm sure it'll be well worth it! I wanna hear and feel why i gotta work so much to pay my credit card off :( haha

·
Registered
242 Posts
Dude.....I know exactly how you feel. I've been collecting parts for almost 4 years. It's so sad that my DSS 2.9 axles are brand new, 3.5 years old and have no warranty lol. And I never in my life thought I'd ever spend $1,200 on a dn header! But I'm sure it'll be well worth it! I wanna hear and feel why I'm working to pay my credit card off for :( haha
YES! I couldn't of said it better myself haha...I've been piecing together for about 4 months now and i'm gonna skeet once I hear this baby crank up :up:

1 - 20 of 170 Posts