Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into a motor swap for my car. I have a 93 civic ex with 270,000 miles on it. most of them are freeway miles so it's not as bad but I really want to get a motor swap anyways. I've been doing some research and I am pretty sure that I want to go with a k24 block and then a k20a or k20a2 head. I also don't want to loose a/c with the swap either. I havn't found a real good estimate on how much this will cost though. Or what special parts will be needed/custom fabrication. If anybody could give me some feedback on any sites or people to contact or information or anything on this it would be great thanks. I'm also going to be saving for alittle bit before I do this. Because I imagine the price tag will be alittle bit big :shock:

Thanks,
Brad

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
I did make a list of al parts needed... came out around $6000 inlcuding the K pro and the 5 speed tranny...

Here;s an article on the k24a/k20a frank in case you have not read it already

http://www.k20a.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=462&highlight=scc

Now it really depends how much you will pay for the head and the block.

On average a complete k24a goes for $1000-$1500.

A type s head (k20a2) goes for $1000-$2000

A tranny goes from $500-$1200.

That is the big stuff. You still need the shifter box $90

shifter cables $120

harness for engine $200

harness for inside the car $300 unless you do it on your own

mounts $580

axles $300

fuel crap $400

hondata $900

belts....

radiator etc..... and so on

Read the article if you haven't yet and that will give you a better idea what is needed.

Also the pdf file has good info

http://www.k20a.org/EGK1.pdf These are the instructions that come with the mounts from hasport

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks alot. I read the post and I actully printed it out and I'm bringing it to my shop to see what they say. Hopefully they can help me do this without charging me to much. But has anybody here actully done this? How does it work and was it very difficult to do?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.