* TiAL 44mm wastegate (x2)
* T1 Race Development Intercooler
* T1 Race Development breather/catchcan
* GO Power Motorsports 4340 Gearset
* After Hours Automotive: fabrication
* Church Automotive Testing
* VP Q16
* Hondata KPro

Wastegate didn't want to stay closed at peak power over 32psi..
they will resume testing when c02 is added to the equation to keep the wastegate closed

Congrats on raising the bar!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Im really wondering how this engine added cams and the power band is 10000% diff? i know higher lift and diff duration will change things up however this motor lost almost 175 lbs of torque at 6200 rpm and the turbo didnt make 30 psi until almost 7k rpm and before the cams it did it at almost 5500 rpm all these things seem wierd maybe im looking into this to much but it doesnt look like these 2 dynos are from the same setup, however both setups are bad ass im just wondering if were being b/s'd a little bit

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, they are the same motor. The cams were the only thing changed . There is more than just higher lift and different duration. Think about lobe centerlines for example and
lobe separation angles.
Although the installer can advance or retard the centerlines, the separation angle between the centerlines is ground into the cam at the time of manufacture and cannot be changed by the end user. Narrow LSAs tend to increase midrange torque and result in faster reving engines, while wide LSAs result in wider power bands and more peak torque at the price of somewhat lazier initial response.

In plain words, it could be a case of torque having to get sucrificed for more peak power.. It is really very complicated and I am only guessing since I do not have the knowledge or data to compare the 2 profiles...

But yeah, this is the same motor and I would not BS you

·
Registered
401 Posts
i definatly understand that however unless they took out the vtc then they could only really degree the exh cam to find true centerline to change up the exh timing which could do some, my thing im seeing is wtf is up with the spool time time i like this dyno graph better and i think it makes alot more useable power with a more broad powerband it just looks wierd to me but you dont really see many people do back to back dyno's with a big build like this and just adding a set of cams

·
Infinite levels to this..
25,373 Posts
hey nikos are yall trying to get 1000whp on an unported head? this thing is unreal.:up::up: do you have a video of it if they don't mind filming it? i bet this thing sounds incredible.

there won't be a bar left to raise if ips keeps this up. :wow:

·
Registered
38 Posts
HOLY SHAT :wow:

does it fly?:dance: ... put wings on that thing going down the 1/4. i bet with that much power it could get lift.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts