Axle angle.

K24 in 92-95.

Different angle.

Headers

More pictures will be taken...

·
Banned
70 Posts
anyway to get a front on shot of the oilpan? Also I wonder if the K24 has a different oilpan than the K20A, it looks a tad different from that angle, but it's hard to tell at all

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wow, those mounts look great...wonder when they will be released?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes, K24 has a different oilpan. Its not cast aluminum and it dosen't attach to the transmission like the k20a and a2.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dont come asking, for when they will be released here.

Even though the pans are different, there interchangable.

·
Registered
458 Posts
those look dam good, hope they will be released any one got an idea on the price of the kit?

·
Registered
599 Posts
vuaccordla said:
those look dam good, hope they will be released any one got an idea on the price of the kit?
The price will be $639 and I'll update this post Monday on the hopeful release date.

brian g

·
Registered
599 Posts
slowhatch4now said:
wow mounts look VERY sturdy
peace
Thank you, that's the advantage of doing everything in Pro/E and Solidworks. You can do your finite element analysis before cutting the first part. Some of the pars are overbuilt, so we'll spend the next couple of runs streamlining and lightening the parts.

brian g

·
Registered
14 Posts
How much clearance is there for the oil pan, it looks like it haws better clearance then the k20eg mounts and hybrid kits. When are these baby gonna be released???

Anyone know which mounting kit offers the most oil pan clearance??

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Uncle Ben said:
1. How much clearance is there for the oil pan, it looks like it haws better clearance then the k20eg mounts and hybrid kits.

2. When are these baby gonna be released???

3. Anyone know which mounting kit offers the most oil pan clearance??
1. Thats because it does.

2. Soon

3. You were looking at them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
it might have more clearance but how does that effect center of gravity? how much of a difference in height is it? the mounts sure do look nice though. im in the process of looking for buyers for my motor and a few other things to get some money so i can go k. so ive been looking at all the different mounts out there and these defenitly look very good.

·
Registered
599 Posts
misha said:
it might have more clearance but how does that effect center of gravity?
It's improved for two reasons, with more ground clearance the car can be lowered which affects the CG's relationship to the ground. The larger advantage is that the engine is moved back another 2 inches. Less polar moment improves handling.

brian g

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
brian g said:
misha said:
it might have more clearance but how does that effect center of gravity?
It's improved for two reasons, with more ground clearance the car can be lowered which affects the CG's relationship to the ground. The larger advantage is that the engine is moved back another 2 inches. Less polar moment improves handling.

brian g
I'm officially sold on the Hasport kit. Any word on a release date yet though?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts