Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

92-92 Civic Specifications

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Randall@hontec 
#1 ·
I own a 93 CX and a 94 Si both USDM. I always thought they were EG chassis code. According to this spec sheet my cars are EH2 and EH3. Everyone refers to them as EGs. In the broadest sense the Si would classify as EG6 with a JDM B16A swap but its still an EH3 chassis. Right?

http://www.clubcivic.com/index.php?pageid=specs5

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey man wassup?

Yea in the U.S.A. all Civic Hatchy's are EH body code. EG is a broad term used in the states to signify the 5th gen, 92-95 Civic, hence the EG Hatch or EG coupe terminology .

However, the only true EG Hatch is reference to the Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) Right Hand Drive (RHD) Hatchy with the B16a powerplant. Thasa sweet little ride if ya can get your hands on one :heart: :up:.

Yes the USDM Si Hatchy with a B16 swap is the closest ride you'll get to the JDM EG SIRII Hatch here in the states. The only difference, ***in a VERY BROAD sence***, is the USDM LHD vs. the JDM RHD.

I've always wondered why the Hatchy didn't come with the B16 from the factory? After doing some research the U.S.A. has a power to weight ratio sefety limit, pretty stupid I know! I guess the U.S. thought a 2000lb vehicle couldn't handle the power of a 160 hp B16. That's why the Hatchy's were powered with the underpowered N/A SOHC motors here in the states pulling anywhere from 70-130hp.

Look around, I see open roads here in the U.S. as opposed to the twisties and winding narrow roads of Japan, and they are an island. I never understand our power laws anyway.

Well, I hope I clarified this a little more for you . . . :cool:

-Nick-

#3 ·
Cool. Now I know! I bought that Si as a demo in 96 with 6K on it. I never knew the EH thing. I almost wish I didn't know cuz now when people refer to it as an EG I'll know its an EH3 and it will trigger that useless bit of knowledge. Wasted brain power! But valuable to me! So thanks for confirming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.