Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
SERIOUSLY! Imagine how i feel, i have to look at this thing everyday when i get to work and it's killing me. Florida's just starting to get cooler weather so i'd like to get it running ASAP. We just finished a marathon project for our biggest customer and i'll finally be able to get working on it more. While i was working, parts kept coming in so i can get the fuel system finished up and install the battery and make a mounting plate for it.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
The decision was made to run fuel hard lines through the exhaust tunnel. Placed an order for some aluminum tube in 3/8" and 1/2" plus -6 and -8 bulkhead fittings/tube nuts/sleeves for the fuel return and feed.

Made a small aluminum bracket to hold the bulkhead fittings and give me an attachment point for the braided hose coming off the of the engine allowing it to move.

Hood still fits. :scared:

Next up was the wiring harness. I wanted to make the harness run up and over the valve cover so i stripped down the harness and tie wrapped the wires approximately where i wanted them to be.

Using Deutsche connectors for the injector sub harness, IAT sensor and TPS/MAP sensors.

Still have some sections to finish up once i receive a few more bits and pieces.

As you can see in some of the pics, i picked up a new compressor housing for my turbo from South Florida Autosports as well.

Yesterday i was able to work on the downpipe for the turbo and wastegate dump. The wastegate dump tube is short right now, ordered some more 2" pipe to finish it as well as another piece for the end of the downpipe.

The plan is to make 2 different downpipes...one for racing and one for the street that will hook to the exhaust. Although the sound wouldn't bother me if daily driving with the exhaust going out of the hood, the fumes will. The wastegate will dump out of the hood on both setups.

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Shit's soo on point mannnnn :up:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Updates?! I just picked up a k24 block and wanna go frank on it with a k20 head and then boost. Was unsure if I wanted it in my DA.. and then I came across this thread!
This has given me hope and inspiration to throw it in my da :)
Mad props man, love the work you've done on this!

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #77 (Edited)
Figured i'd open this back up and update on what i've done with the car. I basically let the car sit for most of 2014 only doing small things here and there.

First thing i did was get the exhaust finished. I cut holes in hood and made both outlets even.

Car sat so long is was covered in dust. Found that 1990 florida plate to use on the car.

Pulled the dash out and wired up the Kpro4 with a fuse block and terminal strips. I completely eliminated all oem wiring in the car.

All the main power is routed through a 150 amp electric solenoid and main fuse.

Car as it sat at that point.

Picked up a Comp Clutch twin disk.

Finished up the fuel system with a brand new oem fuel tank, Full Blown dual pump hangar and two 340 lph pumps using a -8 feed and -6 return. I originally wired the pumps individually so i could cruise with one pump and have the other come on when the car sees boost but am running both full time for right now. Only pic i have is of the wiring for the pumps.

Car was running with the old style skunk2 UCA's from my green DA but they were just EF uppers which were different than DA UCA's. Skunk2 sells actual DA application now so i changed to those.

Around this time i also scrapped the original radiator. I bought a brand new ebay dual core radiator and modified it with -16 in and out.

My friend Fred aka DERF TUNED set me up with a base map and i finally started the car and took it for a spin.

I chose to keep the battery in the engine bay so i made an aluminum holder for it. The plan has always been to drive the car on the street and jumping a hidden battery can be a pain without remote terminals.

There was an issue with the pilot bushing so i had to drop tranny. While it was out, i took it apart to inspect gears, replace all seals and bearings. There was a good amount of gunk inside of the tranny that i cleaned out.

Drove the car around quite a bit while i was shaking down a couple of issues.

Driving the car around hoodless gets quite a bit of attention lol.

Finally came time to get my buddy Fred @ Derf Tuned to make some power.

Spent quite a bit of time trying to fix an issue with the VTC but couldn't figure it out so i locked my spare gear at 25 degrees so we could make some numbers.

The car made 717whp 435 whtq on pump e85 but we had to cut the time short as the tb came loose and blew out the paper gasket.
https://youtu.be/tmEDTVEWqiw

Made up an oil catch can from scrap laying around the shop.

I put a small amount of steel wool in the inlet side and gave it a wrinkle black finish.

Not really too happy with it and will probably change in the future but it works.

Driving the car almost everyday rain or shine. I don't miss driving a car with no AC but the horsepower all but makes up for it.

It didn't take long to figure out that the car needed better tires. :devil: My good friend Joe loaned me his set of Regamasters which are wider than my Racing Harts. Heard a lot of good things about the Toyo R888s so i bought a set of 225/50-15's which work better than i thought they would.

more to come...

61 - 80 of 81 Posts