Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Original build thread here

The new setup will be based around a k20 long block with a 6465 bb turbo.

I'm just in the beginning stages of seeing how everything fits but i thought i'd throw up a few pics to get this thing started.

(this is with the old k24 long block still in the car)

I haven't seen a turbo k series DA yet and i wasn't sure how the turbo manifold would fit so i went ahead and ordered a JDL Auto design turbo manifold without a wastegate port so i could put it wherever i thought it fit best.

First things i've found are that the turbo hits the brake master cylinder so i'll have to go with a brake booster delete and re-do the brake lines. Since i'm using a k20z3 head, the water outlet hits the turbo as well. The plan is to do a tucked style radiator, so i'll be using one of the billet K Tuned water necks with radiator cap on the head and it should clear.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Seeing things like this is the reason I havent sold my DA yet.:new_slayer:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nice.

Someone else might join you as soon as his project is running......:wink::wink:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I havea 91 rhd k24 da in Milano red in middle boosting it rite now mm would love to do a video with mine and this car

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Recently picked up a brake booster delete and Tilton 75 series brake master cylinder from the guys at IPG Parts.

Plenty of room now. The old brake line setup will be no good now, going to re-do the entire system from scratch.

Going to assemble the new motor and then i can drop it in to do all of the intercooler piping and get a final position for the wastegate.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Recently picked up a brake booster delete and Tilton 75 series brake master cylinder from the guys at IPG Parts.

Plenty of room now. The old brake line setup will be no good now, going to re-do the entire system from scratch.

Going to assemble the new motor and then i can drop it in to do all of the intercooler piping and get a final position for the wastegate.
That master cylinder looks bad ass! i want one now..

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since the compressor housing was hitting the oem upper coolant housing on the head, i picked up a billet K-Tuned housing with the radiator cap and -16AN fitting option. The plan is to run a "tucked" style radiator against the rear of the intercooler so i needed to relocate the cap. I'll eventually be picking up their billet thermostat housing with -16AN outlet as well.

This will also allow me to run a bigger turbo in the future. :megusta:

·
Registered
216 Posts
I guess somebody likes to spin all their gears lol jk
So this is a k24 head with a k20 bottom block build? With that big turbo

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The bottom end is a k20a2 with CP ~11.5:1 pistons and Scat rods, the head is a k20z3 with Supertech valvetrain all built by me. The turbo seems big but it's only a 64mm, it should have a decent powerband with this setup.

Still not sure if i'm gonna go crazy and fill all of the holes in the bay and repaint it or just get it running first and then re-do it. I'm getting anxious to drive the car so we'll see.

Been working so much i haven't had a chance to work on it, still need to order a few things as well.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Picked up a brand new timing chain, dipstick, LMAs, intake/exhaust valve seals and various other seals and o-rings from Autofair.

After putting the head on, i cut down the water pump to fit my new intake manifold. Then gave the water pump housing and side cover a coat of high temp wrinkle black paint.

The plan is to go with a dual back door style intercooler setup so i needed an intake manifold with a center feed. The Xcessive 58mm is easily the best deal on the market and will work great with my setup. Not really looking to break hp records, just want a clean looking responsive setup.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts