Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I figured id give supporters first crack at this, even though I know most guys aren't in an 8th. What I did is went and bought me a really expensive plug and play maf to iat sensor adaptor harness (note in the pictures that no iat plug has been put on, options for obd1 and with obd2/rsx iat are available).

No recycled connectors, all new either from sumitomo (iat side, oem supplier) or custom made (connector for maf plug) for this application. I would like to get 25 shipped for supporters or 35 for non supporters, I am currently open to work out a deal to possibly mass produce these for vendors here, however I have not heard back from a local shop on selling through them. Please let me get some feedback on what you guys are thinking.

I also am working on a bolt in maf delete that will integrate an obd 1 connector making it a bolt in and plug-n-play solution for anybody with a flash pro/speed density tune.

·
Premium Member
10,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually I would think that it would be geared towards the people with full race kits or similar where there is no provision for the factory maf sensor and you have to splice into the wiring and use a obd1 style iat.

This would allow use of the sensor without splicing your factor harness.

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
just kinda thinking out loud here, but would this work on an 09 tsx as well, if i were to want to do a custom intake using the IAT sensor instead of having the MAF mount welded on to the piping?

·
Premium Member
10,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it very well might. the pins might be different, however that is very easy to change, I know the r18 civics have different pins for the iat.

I looked at a 9th gen as well and it appears to have the same connector, however they would not be able to fully delete the maf sensor so it is very much mute for them.

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
it very well might. the pins might be different, however that is very easy to change, I know the r18 civics have different pins for the iat.

I looked at a 9th gen as well and it appears to have the same connector, however they would not be able to fully delete the maf sensor so it is very much mute for them.
perfect. i'd much rather do that than try and find a mount for the maf for a custom intake, if they even make one.

·
Premium Member
10,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
let me know. I talked to a few guys over the weekend and im going to adjust my price to 20 for supporters and 25 to the public. shipping included for supporters. flat rate envelope for non supporters just to keep it simple.

ill look into the iat sensor pin locations, what year? m/t?

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
let me know. I talked to a few guys over the weekend and im going to adjust my price to 20 for supporters and 25 to the public. shipping included for supporters. flat rate envelope for non supporters just to keep it simple.

ill look into the iat sensor pin locations, what year? m/t?
perfect! that's a heck of a deal. it's an 2009 tsx base A/T.

·
Premium Member
10,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just did a quick search and it appears it uses the same pin locations as an 8th si.

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
just did a quick search and it appears it uses the same pin locations as an 8th si.
perfect. so just to clarify, this still allows everything to work as it should? no CEL? no issues?

·
Premium Member
10,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
perfect. so just to clarify, this still allows everything to work as it should? no CEL? no issues?
Provided that your software allows for use with a speed density tune rather than a maf tune, and your on speed density then yes it will work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts