Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
one
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some feedback on what headgaskets you guys have experience with on your 89 bore setups.

I wanted to use an OEM K24 one, but I wouldn't be comfortable with it being 2mm undersized. Neither do I wish to use a cometic one. I know that Golden Eagle basically takes OEM headgaskets and bores them to whatever size you need, but I did not see any K series ones on their website. I did however e-mail them, currently waiting on a reply.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,071 Posts
i bought mine from camp1320, a oem honda gasket bored out to 89mm by golden eagle. haven't had a problem with it at all.

·
treblictuned
1,422 Posts
I know you said no cometic, but thats all ive ever used from 86-90mm and never had a issue on both street and race motors.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Looking for some feedback on what headgaskets you guys have experience with on your 89 bore setups.

I wanted to use an OEM K24 one, but I wouldn't be comfortable with it being 2mm undersized. Neither do I wish to use a cometic one. I know that Golden Eagle basically takes OEM headgaskets and bores them to whatever size you need, but I did not see any K series ones on their website. I did however e-mail them, currently waiting on a reply.

Any thoughts?
That left out earlier today Neo straight from the GE distributor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
idont mean to thread jack but i just picked up a k24a2 and it came with a 88mm cometic head gasket, is this going to be ok for my k20/k24 build, im using cp 11:1 pistons and crower rods if that means anything...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts