Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, excited to say my k20a2 is cranking and power, lights, etc. are functional - but I'm not hearing the fuel pump prime and do not have any fuel pressure. I don't have any CELs (check engine light) either, thankfully

To recap my motor is stock and I'm running a stock ECU from the same motor. I'm also using a CJS conversion harness and a k-tuned immobilizer/multiplexor unit. I'm thinking there's a hiccup with power getting to the pump.

Thanks in advance for ANY feedback!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
simple stuff: does the ECU activate at all? Do you get OBD signals from it?
Might be as simple as main relay activation not working.
Yup, I believe the ECU is getting power. I had a check engine light (CEL) for IAT and that made sense because I didn't have it plugged in. I plugged it in, cleared the code (PO113), and no more CEL. I'm going to focus on the main relay; I really haven't examined it. Keep the suggestions coming if you have more, it helps narrow things down! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wanted to close the loop on this thread in case anyone else references this thread. My engine started! The solution was that I needed to add 1 more ground wire to the transmission. This missing ground ended up making my Fuse #14 (under the dash fuse) blow which also controls the main relay and ignition.

Thanks again to this community and all who replied here - @Lotus thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
awesome.
It needs a big ground strap from the gearbox to the chassis and from chassis to battery to transfer the starter motor and alternator currents. Your car cranked, so it could not have missed that big ground strap.
Then there is the engine loom ground strap on the valve cover. And that is essentially it.
Yes! The new ground wire is a meaty one :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts