Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what i got so far. This front lower control arm is on one of my homies 90 CRX SI. The difference on mine is that i still have the stock lower control arm. but, the crossmember and tension arms are all reworked and has 5/8 moly rod ends(hiem joint) instead of the rubber bushings. This takes out all the wheel hop, increases the steering feedback and gives the car a more overall solid feeling. Enjoy :D

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
evolforce2 said:
This is what i got so far. This front lower control arm is on one of my homies 90 CRX SI. The difference on mine is that i still have the stock lower control arm. but, the crossmember and tension arms are all reworked and has 5/8 moly rod ends(hiem joint) instead of the rubber bushings. This takes out all the wheel hop, increases the steering feedback and gives the car a more overall solid feeling. Enjoy :D

Show me the way evilforce lol.What year civic is better as for suspension the 88 civics or 89-91.I know the 88's have kinda like type-r rear lower control arms and the 89-91 have the skinny looking ones.Well tell me what i should do evilone lol.As far as suspension,and brakes,wheels i got covered(15*7 ssr comps/toyo ra-1) hehe and where can i get a crossmember like that o my civic is a 91 standard.Should i beef up the front knuckles,would a all DA gs-r suspension an brakes work :up:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any time you can take out bushings (friction) and replace with a bearing/ bearings rod ends, uni-balls, ect. then you increase the precision of your alignment, which in turn reduces if not Eliminates flexing suspension i.e. wheelhop. If you look on any Real Race Car JGTC, Nascar, F-1, Champ Cars, NHRA Pro Cars there are no bushings in the suspension anywhere. The same idea does not transfer well to the street due to the maintinance issues (high maintaince) also the cost which could be substantaly more expensive. Thats why the factory puts bushings in. Plus the extra vibration that the bushings reduce is greatly welcomed since you should'nt have to blast the radio to hear it. Hopefully everyone understands what i am talking about.
But i guess you get what you pay for. Anyways the DA, GSR knuckles are fine Thats what i got on my car. If you don't have an SI with 4-wheel disk brake then you will need the prop valve also that is if you plan to convert the rear to disk-brake also. I have also up graded to a 99 integra 1" master cylinder. This really makes a big difference in the brakes. :up: I also changed the rear arms to the same style as my front arms with rod ends (5/8 hemi joint). I got the fixture (jig) for all the suspension and the cross member but there are some revisions i am working on. So far we reduced the weight of the suspension by 40 lbs give of take a few lbs. I have seen a few traction bars systems out there, and on a few cars and that stuff is far inferior to what i use. The cost is in the bearing (rod end). If you look in any catalog summit, jegs, aurora bearings you will see a substantial difference in price between the regular steel and teflon lined moly rod ends. this is where all the difference is though. I never thought of selling these items because the cost would be a little high for the avarage consumer, but if i was to make a couple then it might work out for all. This is not a straight bolt in as the stock pivot bolt is too small in diameter, so the holes and attached nut has to be drilled out to 5/8 inch so going back to stock is NOT possible. Plus in an event of an accident you will need a new arm that might not be available in the future. but i don't see my self going anywhere anytime soon. :cool: besides all that this i feel is the ultimate in suspension for a 88-91 Civic/CRX suspension. :confused:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, but i don't know yet, I gotta price everything out. with a full time job, and school it does not leave much time for anything else. I let you all know by the end of this week.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't have a picture from directly above, sorry.
To all, i had issues with the sway mounts and for every appliaction it will be different. unless you use the stock sway bar. This is what i am kinda of working on now. I will get back to you all when i figure it out. Thanks for the understanding.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This is a good Idea I was looking at doing this for some time just need the time and $.
Looking good!
I might do some thing like this in both 1991 crx's I am working on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.