Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
In the event you missed Vtec Academy Brian showed the car and the mounts. Jump the 37:00 minutes in the see the coverage of the AFK kit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I guess you mean undefined feeling
The CRX is a little light at the rear, especially at speed. Makes it nimble for AutoX, but on a high speed track it benefits from some aero aids.

Jeff Cooper now has an elise beside a few other cars.
He raced a K20a CRX for a few years equipped with ITBs. Stock bottom end.

Driver of that video car was WAY TOO conservative, is there a braking issue in that car, because he way way early in the braking zone and could have easily made some good passes there.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
9,149 Posts
Jump the 37:00 minutes in the see the coverage of the AFK kit.
That was the most interesting part of the video, seeing how it was implemented. Thanks for sharing it.

I would call it a regular table, it was a lot of small talk around cars and engines, which is fine. On an Acadamy you don't drink beer and do small talk, you focus more on learning.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
It’s how they do it. They have other videos they do under the sam channel that are very learning Topic specific. This is their live event where they talk cars and people can pop in with their questions.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
9,149 Posts
Driver of that video car was WAY TOO conservative, is there a braking issue in that car, because he way way early in the braking zone and could have easily made some good passes there.
Welcome to K20a.org @mikesanto700. There is some indication for the conservative driving, turn in most time on the short side, early slow down while the weight advantage can support a role up of most of the heavier chassis. You see that in straights, FN2 overtake process like they would stand aside and wait for it. But I never saw a braking issue on the steer wheel or smoke coming from the front, it's just a slow cornering caused maybe by an low trust into the corner capability of the car. You see it at 11:40 and especially at 11:50 when he droves alone how much trust he has into the car. The harder the corner the earlier he slow down where other are still on throttle. Fast corners he takes with more trust, what you can see on the steering corrections demand. Seems like braking and cornering at the same time he don't likes much in that car.

It’s how they do it.
I like that way indeed, but see it as nice conversations around technical solutions and facts instead of a focused lecturing. That beer thingy is somewhat which is typical for my people in my homeland when having a good talk outside in the sun after work. Beer is an accepted staple there for midday and evening meal. Today it changes, companies don't allow it, on construction sides, where I did my apprenticeship as a tiler, it is no longer accepted while my colleagues drank 1-20 bottles (0.5 Liter/bottle) a day during work. I never had issues to get a beer case as stand up for the higher heights to tile. Today you would not find a single one. Anyway, that time especially brick masons drank beer, there work don't need to be precise as mine, tiling is a scientific on a 1/10th of a mm basis ;). Therefore no beers that time. But two beers in a 1 h talk would be fully accepted also today in a regular table, but not in an academy which provides focused learning.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts