Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Are you sure you know what you're talking about bringing up piston speed and physics? Scientific basis tells you a 99mm stroke stock rod ratio motor K24 can't spin to 10K? I'll let you dig yourself out of that one...

I wouldn't be surprised if this thing breaks 800 whp by 7500 rpm. It will make peak hp well before 10k, so there might not be any need to rev that high. However, the ability to do so is definitely there.

833 on a 99 stroke vs. an 86 stroke would be cake and quite a few rpms sooner.

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
Haha, you are clueless. I never said he cannot rev. I mentioned the piston speed and referenced to his powerband and his big stroke in relation to him not using variable cam timing.

It is 2008 and we have seen k24 motor getting turboed since 2003. It is time to put 2 and 2 together. Only way to make the power franklin wants is to use huge ass turbo.

You can ride stoopid's tail all you want. Having the money to pay someone to get you a 833whp rsx doesn't make you an engine building expert. So your only way to argue is to put people down about their opinions saying that we deal with scraps and all that crap u mentioned when in fact all along you have been saying that you have no problem and that you are here to question information and encourage discussion. You are a hypocrite my friend.

·
Banned
1,372 Posts
I have built a k24 turbo car. I revved it to 8-8.2k on stock rods, and 15psi with a 4088r. I daily drove the car, raced bikes, other cars, trucks etc etc. He will have no problem with the 10k rpms hes looking for. He has rods,pistons, and valvetrain in his motor. The only thing that would worry me at that speed is going to be the bending of the crank. It is a stock k24 crank correct? If he was to have a custom 99mm forged crank, that was counter balanced that would take some of the stress off the bottom end. Id say after 2 weekends at the track and the dyno tuning it will go through. Its gonna be time to replace all the bearings and check the crank to see if its bent yet. Then call up someone to make a custom forged 99mm crank. I didnt really pay attention to the springs and retainers but Im sure their not stock. If they are skunk2, better make sure they have over 100lbs of seat pressure. If not there could be another issue your going to have at 50lbs of boost and 10k rpms.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts