Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your friend and I'm pretty sure that Skunk2 will not leave you hanging around.

I hear you Chris, but when are we ever under 6500-7000 RPM. We launch of our 2 step higher then that, lol... Shift points are around anywhere from 9000-10000 RPM, my gear ratios are allowing me to drop maybe around 750 RPM with every shift. It's racing and my whole model is "keep it simple stupid" Lol... With the lock rocker assembly, I can tell you that the mid-range is insane.
This occured last year in October.........:down: Till this day he hasnt received a phone call back or any compensation.

It will make power I just wouldnt use them on any car.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
This is running already?
My motor isn't running yet, Nikos. But, I've done many set ups like this on B, H as well as K engines for friends and personal.

You still didn't tell me why it isn't a good idea though? I know you've built a lot of engines lately, is there something you may have come across that I didn't? Let me know, any info would be great :up:

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
Instead of just telling you what I think and my theory, I would rather ask you questions.

What stroke you using, 99mm?

Have you done any 99mm turbo K for your friends?

·
Registered
320 Posts
LOL...this whole time I was thinking you were on a 86 stroke still...ummm...yeah...that thing is gonna spool crazy fast anyways and have a retarded powerband. I'd lock the cams...I lost one motor to a VTC malfunction already. I completely agree with you on the never being under 7k anyways statement.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Instead of just telling you what I think and my theory, I would rather ask you questions.

What stroke you using, 99mm?

Have you done any 99mm turbo K for your friends?
No, Nikos. Yes it's a 99mm stroke and no I haven't done a Turbo K in 99mm yet. This is the first one for me personally. What do you think? Or what's the next question?

·
Banned
4,358 Posts
Looking good Franklin. Hey, one thing. Could you send me the front motor mount bushing for the EVO MR? Not sure if you sent it out yet
kris

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
Piston speed in a function of stroke and RPM only.

A 2.4 litre Formula One engine at 19,000 rpm has a 25 meters per second mean piston speed. At 10000 RPM, your k24a would have a mean speed of 31 meters per second.

Only engines today that can go that fast are TOP FUEL engines.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Piston speed in a function of stroke and RPM only.

A 2.4 litre Formula One engine at 19,000 rpm has a 25 meters per second mean piston speed. At 10000 RPM, your k24a would have a mean speed of 31 meters per second.

Only engines today that can go that fast are TOP FUEL engines.
Nikos, could do me a favour and calculate what the rounded MPS would be if I were to shift at 7800 RPM with a 99mm stroke engine.

Thanks.

Ive been doing great. Sad to be out of the game, very very sad but home life couldnt be better
kris
Kris, at the end of the day. It's great to come home to an amazing family life. I'm glad everything is panning out for you. I'll call you tomorrow.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm loving how people who've never built a fast car suddenly feel they're experts and feel the need to exercise their internet god complex and make posts completely void of any constructive criticism about someone else's hard work and ideas.

I have an idea! How about you build a car with your internet theories and post up what you find. Franlkin's car is very nicely put together. Congratulate him. It's not an endurance motor. Yes, there may be some more wear, but how many people with this caliber car build the motors with the expectation for it to last 100k miles?

Other than what people have said on the internet based on theories from other people, what basis do you have to say the things you're saying?

Don't worry, I'll wait for that one...

So basically, YOU don't know, YOU've never tried it, YOU don't hav any experience in the matter, therefore, your condescending comments are just ridiculous and make you look even more like a tool.

Man you guys crack me up. Why so serious? :confused: The guy posts up a an awesome project, and all of a sudden you have people who have never set clearances on an engine, never built a fast drag car, never torn down a high horsepower high rpm engine suddenly appear who also know components, in a build way over their head, are junk and won't work. Man that was a long run on...Maybe that's why they rely on the leftover scraps of other people's projects and still have nothing impressive of their own to show off.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I'm loving how people who've never built a fast car suddenly feel they're experts and feel the need to exercise their internet god complex and make posts completely void of any constructive criticism

of their own to show off.
:confused: I just wanted to share what I have experienced with the skunk2 cams.

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
I think we are raising legitimate concerns about his powerband and his revlimit. He wants 800+ hp with a big stroke and 10000RPM. Hate all you want but there is scientific basis and it is not based on theories from other people but laws of physics.

99mm strokes have been revving to 10500RPM but they are not using stock rod lengths or off the shelf pistons.

You made 833whp with a 86mm stroke. Do you think you can achieve the same number with a 99mm stroke? Please educate us so we can learn from you.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I think we are raising legitimate concerns about his powerband and his revlimit. He wants 800+ hp with a big stroke and 10000RPM. Hate all you want but there is scientific basis and it is not based on theories from other people but laws of physics.

99mm strokes have been revving to 10500RPM but they are not using stock rod lengths or off the shelf pistons.

You made 833whp with a 86mm stroke. Do you think you can achieve the same number with a 99mm stroke? Please educate us so we can learn from you.
I dont see why not...

21 - 40 of 43 Posts