Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, im having a right pain in the backside with my civic ep3.
Basically im struggling on high revs i get into vtec fine but through it it doesnt have the power, ive only noticed it the last few weeks but struggling on what it is or can be.
Heres what ive done:
•Replaced the ELD as old one was buggered with the symptoms I assumed this was the problem. (But it wasnt)
•Spark plugs old ones were brown and last one was buried in oil (thought maybe it wasnt having enough spark nope)
•vtec solenoid was taken off replaced the gasket as the mesh bit had failed on (nope didnt cure it)
• VTC sensor came out and cleaned it as it was clogged abit (nope)
Fitted and installed a walbro 255 kit (now it made the car more responsive thinking i was starving in high revs before well if anything i was upto 7500rpm quicker and smoother not as sluggish
• I have used some injector cleaner at the start thinking it would aid the fuel but didnt make a difference.
• it has an injen 3” induction kit on it thinking maybe because it was second hand the filter maybe clogged up (i havent atm took the filter off and checked it weathers been bad in the UK)
• its running a 2.5” spoon n1 system on it however i noticed that when i had the system fitted the garage i used welded the manifold to the centre section whether this can cause a problem i dont know.

The other day the eml light came on and put me in limp mode, the diagnostic machine then flagged up saying that i had vtec malfunction system, i am currently waiting on another solenoid to turn up to cure that problem. But basically im just looking into what else should i check, it’s annoying me as im planning on going turbo next month but atm every bit of money i have is being spent on it as it is before going deep with the turbo build.
The car is running a stock ecu atm havent seen the point in having the car mapped if it was going turbo in 6 months of owning it.

Would really appreciate the help
Thanks for reading the essay i can only apologise

Ash

·
Registered
10 Posts
hello,

Im new to this honda stuff but i can give some pointers,

Do you have a widebad gauge you could borrow from a friend? this would identify what the fueling is doing,

you could maybe try changing the 02 sensors if you feel like its fueling?

is it hitting a limiter as such?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hello,

Im new to this honda stuff but i can give some pointers,

Do you have a widebad gauge you could borrow from a friend? this would identify what the fueling is doing,

you could maybe try changing the 02 sensors if you feel like its fueling?

is it hitting a limiter as such?
Hello there.
I havent no they all miles away.
I fitted a new manifold the other month which had sensors on it, however when i put my foot down it pulls but then when it gets to or just pass 7500 i sounds like its misfiring instead of a sensor redlining.
The car itself doesnt sound right and ifs stressing me out as im going turbo next month.
So far ive changed the following:
Spark plugs
Coil packs
Manifold
Vtc sensor and vtec solenoid
Walbro 255 pump
Looking into it more been told it may be my tps sensor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello there.
I havent no they all miles away.
I fitted a new manifold the other month which had sensors on it, however when i put my foot down it pulls but then when it gets to or just pass 7500 i sounds like its misfiring instead of a sensor redlining.
The car itself doesnt sound right and ifs stressing me out as im going turbo next month.
So far ive changed the following:
Spark plugs
Coil packs
Manifold
Vtc sensor and vtec solenoid
Walbro 255 pump
Looking into it more been told it may be my tps sensor.

TPS sensor could be a shout. possible knock sensor too but if im honest. Buy a Kpro as your going turbo and figure out whats happening at that rpm first before going turbo.

changing too much at once can be a nightmare

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, timing didint skipped? Check Marks on cams

Wysłane z mojego MI 6 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Hello yes since my post i have checked that and it is out just over a tooth. And guides have now decided to split. Hopefully this is the issue lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts