Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 60mm wastegate in the mail today. This thing is huge. I am hoping that the boost creep is eliminated with this huge wastegate. If it doesn't eliminate it then I would be surprised. Fitment looks like it is going to close to hitting the hotside of the turbo. But I think it will fit.

Does anyone know if the fitment with the 60mm wastegate on the full-race manifold is hindered.

Stubby

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I got the 44 manifold and I bought the 60mm. The wastegate somes with a flange that works with the 44mm flange. I was just wondering if I weld this flange on the manifold and use the 60mm. Will it come in contact with the turbo on the full-race manifold.

·
Registered
692 Posts
The 60mm wastegate still creeps, but not nearly as bad as the 44mm setup (1-2psi compared to 6-8psi of creep)

I'll actually be tuning a 60mm WG setup on a built, GT35R-powered A2 tomorrow.

I can post the boost plots, if you'd like.

And it all just BARELY fits.

- Derek

·
treblictuned
1,420 Posts
depending on the car ur using. if eg the single 44 should point back toward the firewall. I dont see the 60 gate fitting there exp with a adpapter flange. When i had that manifold the 44 was 1/2 or so off the firewall. You might need to angle it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
D-Rob. That would be good if you could post that up for me. i am hoping that it will eliminate it completely, but if it only creeps 1 or 2 psi, I can deal with that. I am working on a new top feed pipe right now. It is huge. I will post pictures up as soon as I get it welded tomarrow. My setup is on an EP. Real tight clearances.

·
Registered
692 Posts
D-Rob. That would be good if you could post that up for me. i am hoping that it will eliminate it completely, but if it only creeps 1 or 2 psi, I can deal with that. I am working on a new top feed pipe right now. It is huge. I will post pictures up as soon as I get it welded tomarrow. My setup is on an EP. Real tight clearances.
Here's the pressure graph with the Full-Race manifold with 60mm wastegate pointing down towards the transmission in an EG.

Holds it very nicely.

- Derek

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Rob. That is exactly what I am looking for. I will be running an 8.6 spring so this should put me right around 9. Awesome. Thanks for the graph.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.