Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have a few questions for you guys that have already done 600-700hp builds. I have a k24a4 bottom with IB H beam rods, wiesco 8:8:1 pistons, ACL bearings, K20a2 oil pump. The head is k20 type s with stock cams, skunk 2 valves, springs and retainers, golden eagle head studs, RBC manifold, 1000cc injectors. I will have a turbo kit that will make the power so thats not a concern. My main concern is the stock sleeves. Is there a good chance of them failing at this power number? Should i get the motor sleeved? anything else im lacking to reach my goal. This is still going to be a street driven car. Any input will be nice, thanks:up:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just have a few questions for you guys that have already done 600-700hp builds. I have a k24a4 bottom with IB H beam rods, wiesco 8:8:1 pistons, ACL bearings, K20a2 oil pump. The head is k20 type s with stock cams, skunk 2 valves, springs and retainers, golden eagle head studs, RBC manifold, 1000cc injectors. I will have a turbo kit that will make the power so thats not a concern. My main concern is the stock sleeves. Is there a good chance of them failing at this power number? Should i get the motor sleeved? anything else im lacking to reach my goal. This is still going to be a street driven car. Any input will be nice, thanks:up:
yeah you are going to need to sleeve it for that power range

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
if you search around there are 500+hp builds on stock sleeves....but why risk it? why would you ever want 600 hp anyway....I couldnt afford all the things you will constantly brake...hope you like changing tranny's you probably will be doing it alot

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you search around there are 500+hp builds on stock sleeves....but why risk it? why would you ever want 600 hp anyway....I couldnt afford all the things you will constantly brake...hope you like changing tranny's you probably will be doing it alot
so you think tranny is going to brake a lot? what kinda power do the tranny hold up too?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and the reason y i want that power is cuz i do a lot of drag racing, and you know that you always want to go faster, and my previous setup was a 450whp turbo k20, and you always do it better than the first time:up:

·
Registered
563 Posts
What did the car ET before when it was 450? With that last setup you should have been clipping 7.0(1/8thmile) range if you were hookin good. BlueHatch(chris) was doing 500s easy with stock block for a while and he was running 9.90(1/4mile):up:

·
Registered
22 Posts
and the reason y i want that power is cuz i do a lot of drag racing, and you know that you always want to go faster, and my previous setup was a 450whp turbo k20, and you always do it better than the first time:up:
we all know this man is never happy. if you can change something to make more power this man will do it. just sleeve it to be on the safe side

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,916 Posts
if your going for 700hp I would advise 1-4 PPG gear sets....

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What did the car ET before when it was 450? With that last setup you should have been clipping 7.0(1/8thmile) range if you were hookin good. BlueHatch(chris) was doing 500s easy with stock block for a while and he was running 9.90(1/4mile):up:
i didnt have a chance to get it to the track b 4 it closed, and i got a good deal on this built motor i jus bought so ima put it in b 4 this race season:up:

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
you will be fine on stock sleeves.i am currenty at 620hp and going for more.there is also another user making 700hp with his k24 on stock sleeves.i have yet to see a k series fail from sleeves cracking.not to say it cant happen but they are alot stronger than a b series thats for sure....

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you will be fine on stock sleeves.i am currenty at 620hp and going for more.there is also another user making 700hp with his k24 on stock sleeves.i have yet to see a k series fail from sleeves cracking.not to say it cant happen but they are alot stronger than a b series thats for sure....
im glad to hear that

·
Registered
41 Posts
i just cracked my sleeves on a stock k20r by a drop valve and shattering #4 piston... i thought my sleeves didnt crack but it was..... i guess anything could happend... and that was on N/A

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
i just cracked my sleeves on a stock k20r by a drop valve and shattering #4 piston... i thought my sleeves didnt crack but it was..... i guess anything could happend... and that was on N/A
that is a different story.you dropped a valve,that could even damage aftermarket sleeves.we are talking boost pressure not a piece of metal bouncing around hammering the sleeves like what happened to you.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts