Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finally sold my 52mm twm and they are at their new home getting installed as we speak but i just wanted to drop off some camera phone pictures of my new 62MM Kinsler on my car.. Dynoing tonight and results should be up shortly

old 52mm TWM

new 62mm Kinsler

:)

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
looks great :up: in for results

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the results.. which motor is this? Are you going to post the before and after graphs?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Good Luck Danny! glad you made the right choice.

Prediction : 17-20whp over the TWMs!

those 62s look like of small now! :wink:

let me know if you need any help/recommendations with the tuning. there are a couple of things that you will need to adjust since they ITBs are now bigger.

Been there so we know what needs to get done.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
setup is a K24

Stock crank 99 stroke crank
87.5 PE pistons 13.5/1
Ib Rods
Skunk valve train
Skunk stage 3 cams
DNR ported head
SSR 1 7/8 straight port header

old throttle bodies made max 300hp exactly average 296hp 205tq

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
you didn't happen to get the adapter to mount the injectors aimed straight into the ITB's did you? :up: can't wait to see the results

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you didn't happen to get the adapter to mount the injectors aimed straight into the ITB's did you? :up: can't wait to see the results

Are you referring to the top feed Injector? No i didn't because I'm running a k-pro so it doesn't allow for secondary injector as far as i know...

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Danny, I think he means the bracket that is used to mount the injectors before the throttle plates. The injectors are aimed directly into the ITB's slightly above the air horn on each cylinder.
Yeah I think thats what Danny is talking about the optional secondary injectors that aim directly into the throttles

·
Pepsi Soprano
1,365 Posts
setup is a K24

Stock crank 99 stroke crank
87.5 PE pistons 13.5/1
Ib Rods
Skunk valve train
Skunk stage 3 cams
DNR ported head
SSR 1 7/8 straight port header

old throttle bodies made max 300hp exactly average 296hp 205tq
DAMN D YOU BEAT ME TO THEM.. GUESS IM GONNA HAVE TO TRY THE 67MM

·
Registered
447 Posts
DAMN D YOU BEAT ME TO THEM.. GUESS IM GONNA HAVE TO TRY THE 67MM
they won't work ! 67mm are WAY too big for a motor that small. They require BIG cams, a very good flowing head (350+cfm) and big displacement.

Danny got to see the 62mm Kinsler's when he was at Fontana in Nov. on our car. With the right combo... his car will be flying really soon!

Keep up the good work Danny !

1 - 20 of 83 Posts