Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys just pretty much got done with the install have a few things that we are waiting to get in from the shop which will be here tuesday. Anyways just wanted to let everyone know that they do clear the hood. the rail clears by lil more then 1/4" and the closest the hood comes to the horns is lil more then1/2" in some cases like on driver sides clears by over 1.5". Anyways if this is still cutting it to close for you you can always cut the skeleton of the hood and that wil give you another 1.2 inches all around that way you dont have to put a whole in your hood. Anyways for those who are curious we just put in crower complete valve train and 2 3/4 race cams and then those itbs. Here are some pics, and If any of you are going to be installing these on a rsx you need to make a fuel return line.. anyways here are the pics. enjoy....
btw if i dont get called into work the 24th of this month im going to get dyno tuned. will post results...

chad everson

·
F1 Junky
2,017 Posts
Way to go Chad! Time to hit the dyno!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nope the same ones with the crx k 52mm twm itbs with h22fuel rail and throttle setup.. exact same ones. Its different being in a rsx then in a crx or eg or any other car, but twm still states that they will not fit under stock hood. And yeah cant wait for dynoe if all goes well it will happen i just need to get me a prim 02 sensor cause if i dont not going to get the dyno tune :( so somebody help me get one lol

chad

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
same ones? so why will they fit in the rsx? what about a 05 civic R.? fit under there? Can you do me a favor, whats the length from the block to the tip of the horn. Also if the block wall or engine were completely vertical and not angled back what angle do the throttle bodies protrude at.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
chieF rocka said:
same ones? so why will they fit in the rsx? what about a 05 civic R.? fit under there? Can you do me a favor, whats the length from the block to the tip of the horn. Also if the block wall or engine were completely vertical and not angled back what angle do the throttle bodies protrude at.

well on the rsx when you mount the k motor in there obviously there is more room under there then say a eg hatch so thats why it fits. i dont know why twm says it doesnt fit,maybe they feel that it is cutting it to close or something.. as for civic typr r i have no clue. ok from where on the block to which horn's tiip?

chad

·
Registered
285 Posts
probally for liability reasons; if it doesnt fit you cant blame them(ie; send it back) because they never said it would fit in the first place.

·
Registered
314 Posts
chad_everson said:
well on the rsx when you mount the k motor in there obviously there is more room under there then say a eg hatch so thats why it fits. i dont know why twm says it doesnt fit,maybe they feel that it is cutting it to close or something.. as for civic typr r i have no clue. ok from where on the block to which horn's tiip?

chad
But can you run the stock power steering pump with that setup?
Nope!
LHP

·
Registered
314 Posts
chieF rocka said:
Length? Also if the block was perpendicular to the ground (90 deg) what angle do the itbs protrude from the block?
The intake ports go through the flange on head at aprox 14 degree's down hill into engine from horizontal at zero deg, the intake system should follow this angle if done right.
LHP

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
K2e2vin said:
probally for liability reasons; if it doesnt fit you cant blame them(ie; send it back) because they never said it would fit in the first place.

so if that were the case then they would say that on all their products so that really doesnt make sense..
chad

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
its a2. i got it because i came across a killer deal on them along with the full valve train.. im debating on getting another head putting it together and try out the ips system for my hatch..
chad

·
Registered
285 Posts
chad_everson said:
so if that were the case then they would say that on all their products so that really doesnt make sense..
chad
No they said it will fit a particular engine, not a particular chassis(like on the site it doesnt say "For RSX", etc. it says "for K-series" and such). If it says for RSX then it would mean it should fit the RSX, and if it didnt you would be able to take it back.

There are other apps that they say are for particular chassis(like intended for S2000s and miatas).

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
LHP said:
The intake ports go through the flange on head at aprox 14 degree's down hill into engine from horizontal at zero deg, the intake system should follow this angle if done right.
LHP

LHP, is 14deg the standard angle of the intake, and then the Haywards level themselves before the throttle body to clear the hood? and then the twm's are a straight angle all the way up?

Hey Chado can you do me a fav? whats the length of the twm's?

Attachments

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
stock comp ratio right now and i wont take her past 8800 rightnow either. but here are some updated pics will be finished tomarrow. got the injecotrs in almost wired up. put in the fuel return line and ran the other fuel lines as well today. so all we have left to do is wire up the tps and run the wires for the new clips. anyways here are the pics..

chad

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.