Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
131 Posts
I tuned the car. The engine has never been apart except to tap the oil pan. All stock internals. The car has been running on 400-430whp on pump gas for about a month of hard abuse. the compression is solid across the engine. Its a very fun car to drive.

· Registered
131 Posts
Its not power or boost that breaks an engine. Its cylinder pressure and temperature that causes failures. If you control those factors the engine can live making quite a bit of power. The car was tuned extremely conservatively. If we were to tune more aggressively the car would make a LOT more power but would break due to the higher cylinder pressures.

· Registered
131 Posts
BYE BYE B said:
So if its tuned right i can run 350-400hp for the street???!!! What kind of turbo setup? Greddy? How much boost? Thanks for the help bro, cant friggin wait!

I always suggest that you listen to your tuner. If they have the experience to make that power and feel comfortable about it then you should be able to trust that. If they say there is no way you can safely run that kind of power, then you should respect that. If you feel they arent competent, then find someone that you can trust.

· Registered
131 Posts
I wouldnt want to push a stock motor like this for a normal customer. Branden understands the risks and is willing to push the limits to see what the engine is capable of. The only way I would want to make this much power is on a built motor with all the right parts. If you are interested in getting the right parts shoot me an email and I can get some prices together.

[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.