Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
THANK YOU 🙏🏾 Going to check it out now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
How have those Yonaka axles work out for you? According to Hasport with the EKK2 mounts all they have is 1 option for axles “theirs” lol.

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,464 Posts
How have those Yonaka axles work out for you? According to Hasport with the EKK2 mounts all they have is 1 option for axles “theirs” lol.
Second time I’ve used the yonaka axles. I have 300+ miles on them so far and they look brand new still. My last set I drove on for over a year and never tore a boot or had any problems. In my opinion they are the best budget choice for 32mm axles on ekk2 mounts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Second time I’ve used the yonaka axles. I have 300+ miles on them so far and they look brand new still. My last set I drove on for over a year and never tore a boot or had any problems. In my opinion they are the best budget choice for 32mm axles on ekk2 mounts.
Sounds good to me! So what option is it exactly? Stock fitment, RSX axles? I went to their site but didn’t see anything for EKK2 setup.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
What’s up man. Hope all is good. I see some axles come in 32mm and 36mm. Right now I’m running stock spindles so 32mm. Do all rsx have 32mm? Why some have 36? Thanks man

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,464 Posts
What’s up man. Hope all is good. I see some axles come in 32mm and 36mm. Right now I’m running stock spindles so 32mm. Do all rsx have 32mm? Why some have 36? Thanks man
The base model rsx has the same 32mm axle nut/same size spline as the earlier civic and integra. The type s and 06+ civic si comes with the bigger 36mm splines. My guess as to why is it was cheaper for Honda to make the car this way, but I’m not sure. If you use 36mm axles you will have a lot more security in driving the car hard but you need the expensive swap hubs to use them and convert your 32mm car to 36. Karcepts makes a great set of 36 hubs but be ready to spend $300+

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The base model rsx has the same 32mm axle nut/same size spline as the earlier civic and integra. The type s and 06+ civic si comes with the bigger 36mm splines. My guess as to why is it was cheaper for Honda to make the car this way, but I’m not sure. If you use 36mm axles you will have a lot more security in driving the car hard but you need the expensive swap hubs to use them and convert your 32mm car to 36. Karcepts makes a great set of 36 hubs but be ready to spend $300+
32mm sounds just right 🤣🤣 if I have problems later on then we can upgrade. Thanks for all your help man!

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,464 Posts
32mm sounds just right 🤣🤣 if I have problems later on then we can upgrade. Thanks for all your help man!
There was 32 mm axles In all 3 k swap cars I’ve had including the cheap yonaka axles in my current k24 coupe. So far they still look new. Supposedly you can use the base model rsx axles from a parts store as well. Both are around $80 apiece which is far less than the popular aftermarket k swap axles.

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,464 Posts
In my opinion it’s all in how you drive the car that decides how long the axles last. If you load it up before launching and don’t go crazy on bumpy roads they tend to survive longer. Especially if the car doesn’t wheel hop very much , that is what breaks stuff.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
In my opinion it’s all in how you drive the car that decides how long the axles last. If you load it up before launching and don’t go crazy on bumpy roads they tend to survive longer. Especially if the car doesn’t wheel hop very much , that is what breaks stuff.
I definitely like the Lifetime Warranty from parts store 🤣🤣 but yea you right. All depends how you drive the car which determines how long they last.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts