Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have info on this procedure? i've searched for a while both here and google but haven't found much. I know that it would require the suspension pieces from an ITR 99+. I'm interested in knowing exactly whats required and possibly how its done. Anyone have experience with this, and i feel like a n00b for asking this but, is it possible to port the ABS over as well (ie. 5 lug conversion with parts from an ITR 99+ WITH ABS?) anyone know? any ideas?

thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry for my english i'm francophone.
You don't need ITR suspension. You need knuckles and tranning arms piece with caliper disc pad. You need handbrake cable. If you have a crx with drums, you need rear brake line. Don't buy a jdm kit if you have a d-series.
If you have a b-series, you could make it with crx axles.You need a bigger master/booster. For abs just remove it. Have fun. :confused:

·
Registered
285 Posts
i like ABS, but its going to be hard to put in a CRX.

The rears should bolt in fine, but im not totally sure what has to be done for the ABS, but here's my guess:
youll need the ABS-option SiR front knuckles(or another civic of the same gen that has ABS); i think you can get the 5-lug hubs to fit the knuckles with some modification, not sure though(or get custom hubs). The integra front knuckles are too tall. The rear trailing arm assembly from an ITR should work(from what i hear theyre the same size/etc. as the EG and DA ones, which work in EFs.) After that youll need the ABS modulator, pump, sensors, brake lines, and maybe some custom hard-lines and replacing the MC with a larger unit. for the modulator, try looking for one from the ABS-option CRX SiR, since that system is made to work specifically with a CRX chassis(the Integra one might be proportioned differently).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
K2e2vin said:
i like ABS, but its going to be hard to put in a CRX.

The rears should bolt in fine, but im not totally sure what has to be done for the ABS, but here's my guess:
youll need the ABS-option SiR front knuckles(or another civic of the same gen that has ABS); i think you can get the 5-lug hubs to fit the knuckles with some modification, not sure though(or get custom hubs). The integra front knuckles are too tall. The rear trailing arm assembly from an ITR should work(from what i hear theyre the same size/etc. as the EG and DA ones, which work in EFs.) After that youll need the ABS modulator, pump, sensors, brake lines, and maybe some custom hard-lines and replacing the MC with a larger unit. for the modulator, try looking for one from the ABS-option CRX SiR, since that system is made to work specifically with a CRX chassis(the Integra one might be proportioned differently).
Thats great info thanks. I'm curious about something though, would i have to worry at all about interfacing this abs system with the ecu? or does it run seperate, and the sensor is all that activates the abs light?

thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
i'm working on this right now. i got the rear hubs with calipers and discs from a 97 civic type r from japan. i got the trailing arms from a usdm 90-93 integra, and swaped the rear hubs. i got lucky on ebay and found some 91 civic ex front knuckles with 5 lug hubs installed. i also got the 97 civic type r front brake calipers and rotors. everything bolts up perfectly, though i have yet to drive it, but the braking should be outstanding. also i got a 4040 porportioning valve and a master cylinder and booster form an integra though i havent bolted them up yet either. :up:

i dont know anything about the abs though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey good luck with this.
I have been told for years that you cant do 5 lug on a crx.
Then I have seen cars with it lol. like the BW crx with the 12 pice kit on it its 5 lug from a type R. I dont think its abs but I can ask them the next time I talk to them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ed8_k20a_type_r said:
i'm working on this right now. i got the rear hubs with calipers and discs from a 97 civic type r from japan. i got the trailing arms from a usdm 90-93 integra, and swaped the rear hubs. i got lucky on ebay and found some 91 civic ex front knuckles with 5 lug hubs installed. i also got the 97 civic type r front brake calipers and rotors. everything bolts up perfectly, though i have yet to drive it, but the braking should be outstanding. also i got a 4040 porportioning valve and a master cylinder and booster form an integra though i havent bolted them up yet either. :up:

i dont know anything about the abs though.
nicee, thats what i like to hear, i want the better braking, and i forgot the SIR came with abs! so the stock parts are avaliable... its just a matter of it being able to run on bigger calipers, or is that how it works :confused:.

The abs i really want to do, for safety reasons, i find it to be a much better choice, just all that would really stop me would be the difficulty of the project and whether its really even possible...

·
Registered
285 Posts
coldtotouch said:
Thats great info thanks. I'm curious about something though, would i have to worry at all about interfacing this abs system with the ecu? or does it run seperate, and the sensor is all that activates the abs light?

thanks
from what ive read, the ABS system is independent from the ECU. Im assuming the ABS light is activated by the ABS control module.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Who needs ABS...

Personally I think ABS helps the most in the rain. Other than that I haven't missed it much, but I really just didn't want to mess with the electronics. I did my 5 lug swap about a year ago and I think it is one of the best performance mods I have done to my car yet. But I don't have my K in yet, that will definetly be the best performance mod ever...

Although I have flat spotted a set of tires, but thats because I hit a little puddle and got sideways...

I didn't know you could use EK/EG/DC trailing arms on an EF?

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
jon v said:
Who needs ABS...
lol same here i got 5 lug on mine with no abs either :up:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts