Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It all began after my second gear started grinding evertime i shift to 2nd. I never had problems with 4th and reverse, but it will not go in 4th or reverse at all! The problem happened out of no where, 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 6th go in no problem

i have the k20r tranny

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Its probably some metal chuncks stuck in between the slider and the hub. Either way you need to get it rebuilt, too good of a tranny to let it go to waste.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Damn, Im thinking that your pressure plate is coming loose. Are you on stock clutch?

even if the clutch had no pressure at all itll still go into gear with the car off, and plus is only 4th and reverse,

if you ever grinded the tranny then it is probably chunks of metal stoppin the slider, the chunks of metal couldve damaged the teeth on the slider too, it happen to my friends k20a tranny.. good luck and post pics.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anyone know how to adjust the cable of the shift linkage or the shifter what ever its called on top of the tranny. My 3rd gear goes shift into 3rd but it doesnt go up all the way and wont stay. any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thats a new rebuilt tranny i got from a member on here that rebuild trannies. After the tranny was installed. Normal driving everytime going into 3rd. The gear would have a slight grind then it would pop back out if we dont hold on to it. The shop said i got a ****ed up tranny. seem like the 3rd gear synchros were bad then i called the guy i got the tranny from. He blamed it on the shift linkage saying that i need to adjust it. but the person at the shop says it was the synchros right after the install. So i dont know whats going on. Everytime shifting into 3rd the tranny would grind

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats a new rebuilt tranny i got from a member on here that rebuild trannies. After the tranny was installed. Normal driving everytime going into 3rd. The gear would have a slight grind then it would pop back out if we dont hold on to it. The shop said i got a ****ed up tranny. seem like the 3rd gear synchros were bad then i called the guy i got the tranny from. He blamed it on the shift linkage saying that i need to adjust it. but the person at the shop says it was the synchros right after the install. So i dont know whats going on. Everytime shifting into 3rd the tranny would grind
that's the synchro

1 - 15 of 15 Posts