Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just purchased kpro and installed it in my car and uploaded the stock .kal however the car keeps going into 4,000 rpm limp mode in every gear and datalogging doesnt seem to work...rpm doesnt show up, iat stays at 302 and so on. I'm really new to kpro but i've done a little research on this problem and i find plenty of threads talking about similar problems but no one ever posts a solution. The car is an eg with a k20a2, rbc, karcepts, asp, and hondata img. the only thing i have changed on the .kal is turning the multiplexer and immobilizer off. i havent touched anything else. also, kmanager and my drivers are all up to date. PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, it only happens under wot, I don't have 'go into 4000rpm limp mode' in protection, and it happens in every gear even when the car has been warmed up for at least 20 minutes

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Does K-Pro show any check engine codes? Did the motor run fine (in your car) on a stock ECU or is this the first time running the set up? I'm no K-Pro expert (or even remotely close) but it seems like you did things right.

Limp Mode has me thinking a sensor or something isn't right.

Also....it's a verified Hondata product?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah runs fine on my other ecu, and I bought kpro through an authorized hondata dealer and had it installed by them as well. I'm wondering if it has something to do with closed loop vs open loop because it should go in open loop when under wot...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone have any ideas? I'm hoping this is an easy fix! Also I'm not running an o2 sensor so should I disable that?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had that problem on my eg, found the TPS sensor not reading correct signal.
changed to new sensor and it was prefect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts