Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was thinking about going all-motor k-series but I was wondering is there anyway to make 400hp on spray? If I could what would I have to do?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think its definitely possible but will require more money than if you went forced induction. would you want it as a daily driver?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I dont have personal experience but I would say that pushing that much out of an NA will not be to reliable for the street. most people here don't push out more than 300 on an NA setup so I think you should either lower your power output goals or switch to forced induction.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hey I was thinking about going all-motor k-series but I was wondering is there anyway to make 400hp on spray? If I could what would I have to do?
so where you thinking all motor or spray?

If its for spray please view this thread in the FI section

link: http://k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=51845

I know of a couple of stock motors making 350 and motors with cams making 400

hope that helps

·
Registered
457 Posts
why wouldnt it be more reliable? Set of stage 2 cams, aftermarket pistons and rods, 150shot, there ya go, well a good tune too. I believe it would last alot longer than a turbo motor pushing 400hp, and run nearly same amount in cash.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Why is this in the All Motor section?
I am going to start banning everyone from Honda-Tech and B20vtec that does not know how to read or type coherent sentences.

·
Registered
962 Posts
why wouldnt it be more reliable? Set of stage 2 cams, aftermarket pistons and rods, 150shot, there ya go, well a good tune too. I believe it would last alot longer than a turbo motor pushing 400hp, and run nearly same amount in cash.
most of us turbo guys run 400+whp on a stock motor without any problems. I have 15k miles on my turbo setup and the bitch is running strong and I haven't had any problems.

BOOST>JUICE any day

·
Registered
457 Posts
true, lol, this is one of those nitrous turbo debates, in the NA section, lol, I love all three, not bias, well kinda. I see you can turn nitrous off, turbo is full time, though not always in high boost, which isnt bad at all on the car...I am just a huge NA buff, and for that extra just add laughing gas. If I ever get ahead I will do a turbo project too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts