Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys use? I really don't feel like having my compressor wheel chewed up from a chicken wire screen. Lemme know what to look for!

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Only issue with that hks filter is its 4" for the turbo but the filter itself is 8" and my bay is pretty tight so .I am gonna need some sort of 90 degree or 45 degree pipe so I can mount that filter in my bay if that even fits ! I am currently running this screen from xenocron http://www.xenocron.com/xenocron-turbo-filter-p-222.html they make them from 2.5 to 4 inch

·
Registered
133 Posts
I used a HKS Filter aswell, at first i couldnt fit it on due to one side hitting the cam cover, and the bottom part hitting the rad coolant pipe. I solved the issue by removing the mesh and filter from around the housing, cut the housing to size and re-assemble:up:

Il take a picture and post it up as soon as i get one.

·
Premium Member
26,613 Posts
I had "chicken wire" mesh screen directly on the turbo with 500+hp and not 1 problem with it.... If the filter thing cant work, the mesh will... Clamp it tight and drive..

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
I am running the xenocron screen filter and like it just dont like the fact I am driving the car with no real filter .I try not to tailgate and stay off dirt roads ect ...

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Not using a good air filter is like spending thousands on your super-model girlfriend, but feed her only french fries - you're not going to like where that ends up. After all you've accomplished and all you've spent, why ruin it?

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Not using a good air filter is like spending thousands on your super-model girlfriend, but feed her only french fries - you're not going to like where that ends up. After all you've accomplished and all you've spent, why ruin it?
Because air filters and some screens kill power. I would run a screen of some sort and maybe a filter on a screen car, but never on a track only car.

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
I dont daily my car I may drive it 60 miles a week sometimes less . I am gonna end up doing a real filter probably the hks .But for the track and the few miles I do drive I am just gonna run the screen .If it were a daily I would do the hks filter for dd

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I have used the Amsoil air filters. They have a 4" filter that works really good.

Stefan

·
Registered
692 Posts
I personally run a screen on my car.

My co-worker has had a screen on his ramhorn-manifold'd B-Series EG for three years and 35,000+ miles. We tore the turbo down to check everything out three weeks ago, and everything still looks brand new. Compressor wheel is cherry, engine leaks down less than 10% (just like it did pre-turbo), and he drives the thing every day.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.