Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to buy a 4.7 fianl drive for my K20a2 tranny..
How can I tell the difference looking at the two..
How many teeth on the a2 (4.3) final drive, and how many teeth on the z1, itr, z3 etc (4.7) final drive?

Someone school me up so I don't get the wrong one and do all that work just to end up with the same thing lol.. :dance:
Also, to put the 4.7 fd into my a2 tranny, what all do I need..?
Thanks for any input, sorry if this question has been asked before..

Also one last question, I noticed my mph is off a little on the cluster.. Two of my friends with K swaps (EG & EK) have the same issue.. Is their a way to fix this, or is it like that with every k swap ef/eg/ek?

again, thanks for any input.. :dance:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
4.7 fd has 81 teeth on the ring gear and 17 on the shaft

4.3 is 79/18

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
As I just discovered the 4.3 countershaft has a larger Base than the 4.7 which is visibly noticeable.:up:

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
4.764 & 5.062 have different size base bearing (the one that holds the countershaft) than the 4.388.
Doesnt the 4.7 and 5.0 have dif size or no?

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
4.764 & 5.062 are same size (smaller). the 4.388 is different (bigger)
Ok I posted earlier in thread the 4.3 has a larger base than the 4.7 but I didn't know 5.0's had same size as 4.7 FD. Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sorry to drag this back up but when swapping from a 4.7 to a 4.3 is it just a case of buying a different bearing or is the case different?

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Sorry to drag this back up but when swapping from a 4.7 to a 4.3 is it just a case of buying a different bearing or is the case different?

Bill
Same case, different bearing. 4.3 has a larger inner race compared to 4.7. It's both physically and visually noticeable

·
Registered
76 Posts
Cool thanks :)

Looking to build up a hybrid box with the 4.3FD & the 0.659 6th :up:

Bill

·
Registered
165 Posts
can someone explain what this Speedo healer means?

You asked about correcting your speedo.
We have a general speedo healer. It allows up to 25% +/- speed correction.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Back from the dead...

So I know someone who might still have an 8th gen Si final drive sitting in his shop. He also has the LSD.

I can't just straight swap the 4.7 final drive into my k20a2, along with the LSD? I need a new bearing and shaft?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
You need the countershaft and bearing yes. I have the shaft and ring gear sitting at my buddy's shop right now, really need to sell that...

·
Registered
457 Posts
I thought I had purchased a 4.3 (seller said it was), ended up being a 4.7 SMFH. Now I need to redo with the proper bearing as I'm experiencing the 'whining' in the tranny... Wish I had seen this before hand.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts