Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can this be done? has anyone done it? gimme a good setup as a start for thought?

·
Registered
270 Posts
assuming you're from maui, i dont think our pump gas here can make that much power even with a stroker kit.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think 92 octane can do it but maybe not that high of a compression but ill just run it on race gas maybe a weekend warrior only then

·
Registered
1 Posts
These cams are designed strictly for k20/k24 race motors with good ... piston dats u ride in a k20/k24 block on pump gas for a daily driver, but maybe i think it is possible to do that?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and im sure 92 octane wont cut it for the 350hp mark. can anyone give me your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
and im sure 92 octane wont cut it for the 350hp mark. can anyone give me your thoughts.
Being that I know what it takes to build a 350hp NA RACE motor, i would sald say it would be a little hard to do and drive that on the street.
We run e85, which is considered a pump gas, on race motors making that much power. But i dont think you would want to drive something like that on the street.

For example take a look at Nikos's 101.X x 89 build. He is doing that with a decent compression ratio, increased stroke, very good cams and a killer head.
He is shooting for 300 on pump gas. Thats realistic. Making another 50+ hp on top of that is not only going to be very difficult, but hard to keep on pump gas and make it driveable

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
nitrous will get you there

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
can this be done? has anyone done it? gimme a good setup as a start for thought?
Can you give a good reason you want a DD 350+ stroked K24? Probably not. Yes it can be done, no it wont be street driven friendly... No you dont even need such a setup on the street. Any 350 all motor K series will be a race motor and nothing for the street. I suggest you do some research and pose a more appropriate street setup and hp goal..

·
Registered
477 Posts
At the least, you can try. If you have E-85 everywhere where you live like we do in CO, you can build the compression to that fuel. Realistically, your going to gauge your compression against the best pump fuel you can get easily out there and build it accordingly. Then what you make is what you make.

·
Registered
481 Posts
350+ to the wheels or the crank?

If you hit 300whp on a dynojet that's about 350 to the crank.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i see wat u guys are saying. so 300 should be good enough to pull my fat ass. i wanna see hp numbers in the 300s.

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
has anyone else but nikos done a stroked daily driver? and also whats the most you guys think you could get out of a stroked daily driver?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Local made 310ish on a BC 2.6 stroker with 12.5:1 CR, drag cartel cams, IPS manifold, ported head.
Its not a daily driver but sees a little street use from what I understand

1 - 20 of 77 Posts