Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
i say let them die, it will make them all sell off brands and become more efficient, it will bring more competition to the table and make them a little less monopolistic. i dont care if their ceos will work for the next year for a buck, it too little to late, and they really should have been ready for this. i dont see the foreign automakers suffering nearly as much, they took the appropriate steps to balance them selves out. living in ohio i see the effects everyday of this situation. i see people whipping out their honda credit union cards with pride and at the same time watch some of my friends loose their jobs when the moraine truck plant started boarding up. my friends know why im unsympathetic, and they agree they would have a job right now if the people in charge would have pulled their heads outa their asses.

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
why with decreasing sales has the ceo of Gm recieved close to 3 million in bonuses...

fck them let them die....it is inevitable and there own fault...

they did not care 10 years ago when they layed off close to 5,000 people to send jobs to mexico, indonesia, etc....why should I care now.....

What ever happened to capitalism, or its principle of survival of the fittest?

·
Registered
197 Posts
The gov is going to help them. They will have lots of unemployed people if they don't. It will be caios from what i read if they don't help them. But you guys are right. Hey they gave back 2 of the 7 corp jets!! That has to count for something.

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
The gov is going to help them. They will have lots of unemployed people if they don't. It will be caios from what i read if they don't help them. But you guys are right. Hey they gave back 2 of the 7 corp jets!! That has to count for something.
the money for the bailout could help those who loose there job...fck the corporations

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
bailing them out would not help sales. the engineering of the cars suck, the gas mileage of them suck. sales are low because the cars suck. they threatened the government with unemployment to get the bailout money. that is crazy. just goes to show what people/ companies would do to get bailout money. if this goes thru i would not be surprised about seeing more people wanting bailouts.

didnt they get money some time ago to be used in research and development but they decided to use it in advertising?/?/

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
around 2000 the epa required all vehicles to get 35 mpg by 2015....all the american companies bitched and moaned...ford announced it will be able to achieve the goal, by late 2015...

there solution...put six speed transmissions in all there vehicles...

this technology has been around since the late fifties...

I'm no mechanical engineer but I could make an adaptor plate to put a 6 spd tranny on to a 5 spd car....

if they wanted to survive they could...they are still trying to fck us even to the grave

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
We are still goign to have lots of unemployed even if they do help. They don't have a plan. At the end of the day, no matter how much money they get, they still can't make consumers buy new cars...

Also, the big 3 are worth $6billion combined. Toyota is worth $134billion all by itself. So why should we loan $34billion to companies worth only $6billion???

·
Premium Member
44,711 Posts
We are still goign to have lots of unemployed even if they do help. They don't have a plan. At the end of the day, no matter how much money they get, they still can't make consumers buy new cars...

Also, the big 3 are worth $6billion combined. Toyota is worth $134billion all by itself. So why should we loan $34billion to companies worth only $6billion???
We don't. Let them file chapter 11. How many people have they layed off in the last 10 years? I doubt many more would lose their jobs if all three went under, someone would pick them up and consolidate.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Living in Australia, the scene of local car manufacturers crying poor and threatening to scale down, or close their doors on their workers is closely related to what is happening in the U.S... and this is only made possible because our 2 main manufacturers are overseen by GM (Holden) and Ford(Ford Australia). However, Australian government has tried to protect these jobs in Australia by placing imported car excises tax of 35% of the import price for the dealers. Meaning that we pay 35% more for an imported car than we have to.. all because Holden and Ford here cannot produce cars for less cost, and if they had to compete without the tax, would have shut down 30 years ago.

I cannot understand how they think that Australia is immune from the economic principles of "world best practice" and "economies of scale".

Instead of spending valuable resources on R&D for smaller, lighter weight, more efficient engines, after the 1980's oil crisis ( the same as GM and FORD US obviously have not done) they let it roll off their backs, and produced engines with more displacement for chasing power instead of using technology to do it. You think that they would have learned... the price of oil will rise.. and will rise more if the Govt. is insisting on impeeding their "forces" in oil producing countrys.

So again, we are hit with a receeding economy, consumer and lender confidence is low, price of oil was extremely high for a while... and the companies still did not listen... they didnt even scale back production.. did they wait with their heads up their asses.. or did they want a massive inventory of cars.. which they cannot and will not export because the rest of the world doesnt have a market for a 7.2 litre v8 that weighs 15 ton and drives like a boat.... they have more refined, better fuel economic cars like a BMW M3 on sale and for less $$$ out lay.

They have only themselves to blame. I see massive outdoor storage yards for the unsold freshly produced holden and ford cars daily... it is a sad sight to behold, so much wasted potential... **** they were using chev's 1960's designed pushrod v8s up until about 2 years ago...

I say no bail out for these technological phobic automotive dinosaurs..
Let them wallow in their own pits of stupidity and even worse decision making
Give the $34billion to a trust fund, protect the ex workers and the soon to be fired workers and the ones affected by the demise of the big 3.

Hopefully they sell Holden and Ford Australia to a euro or japanese car company.. and finally we can have cars that we can proudly export to anywhere but the US.

For a "Holden Commodore" check out a Pontiac G8, or G8 GT. This is an exported Holden Commodore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts