Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has gotten 300 whp running 91 octane pump gas? Please, if anyone has seen this or done this I would like to see what mods they used and who tuned it for them.

Thank You

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, well I just want a 300whp k24a2 all motor car on pump gas so it can still be a true street car with no boost, but if it is not an obtainable goal I will just run an all motor car with Nitrous i guess.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has gotten 300 whp running 91 octane pump gas? Please, if anyone has seen this or done this I would like to see what mods they used and who tuned it for them.

Thank You
A real 300hp pump gas motor can be done but requires a hefty amount of money to do it.From sleeving,custom pistons(that have deeper valve pocket reliefs),Custom rods,Custom crank with Bigger journals(B series)machined and all the good stuff to support the revs.Then the head P&P 330++Cfms,Valvetrain,Serious lobe cams,that are mated for the custom pistons,Header,Lol I can keep going.But the real 300 on pump is not a easy task.I had a friend that was ready to hit the barrier.But complications to the car made him realize it wasn't worth dumping money anymore.Lol ask the guy on top of me he knows(Turbogixxer),and he helped on the street tune.:p

·
Registered
21,783 Posts
it is definitely doable.

bigger stroke (101-105mm)
bigger bore (88-90mm)
sleeved block
big cams
good flowing head
great header
good intake manifold or ITB's
12.5 compression or so
kpro, aem, motec

$15,000 dollars.

2.5+ liter motor, 300+ hp, 220+ tq. definitely possible. Search.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am not wanting to dump too much money into the motor. lol! Well does anyone know what I could get to the wheels on my build with:

Mild port and polish head; 300 cfm
skunk2 stage 2 cams
skunk2 cam gears
skunk2 valve springs and reatainers
oem valves
wiseco 11.7:1 pistons with stock bore
stock rods that are glass blasted
crank is laser etched, micro polished, and balanced to a higher spec
rbc intake manifold
hondata intake manifold gasket
skunk2 70mm throttle body
long ram cold air intake
skunk2 header
3" exhaust all the way
skunk2 fuel rail
aem fuel pressure regulator
rc 550cc injectors
msd spark system
hondata k pro
all pulleys are aem

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank a lot for all the good info guys. It should be a good tuned. It is being tuned by Jerry Built and I guess I can get to 300whp with a 50 shot of nitrous. I do not want to shoot nitrous, but how much nitrous should my build be able to handle?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
it's stuff to get 300whp using that low octane.
financially is going to require a lot. the engine builder has to know what parts will do the trick & the tuner gotta be on top of his game you don't want it to throw a rod a few miles after the build. after all since you want it to be a true street car the reliability can't be over looked.

i think you are better off with a bone stock k24a2 with the following mods: RBC manifold, type-s oil pump, dual springs & BC steel retainers, a set of stage 2 cams that should deliver 250+whp reliably & last long miles if you need more power add a direct port 80 shot should be easily around 320whp on 91 octane.

or if you feel like spending an extra $ replace the nitrous part with a rotrex super charger kit. i guess somewhere around $4,000 would be need it for the kit plus custom piping, injectors, inter cooler.

my advise is keep it simple & reliable so you can enjoy driving the car. you can always improve it later on down the road.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
that is what i want, reliability, but it is too late to keep the motor stock because i have all ready got the parts i listed and they are in the motor. lol

·
Registered
44,673 Posts
I am not wanting to dump too much money into the motor. lol! Well does anyone know what I could get to the wheels on my build with:

Mild port and polish head; 300 cfm
skunk2 stage 2 cams
skunk2 cam gears
skunk2 valve springs and reatainers
oem valves
wiseco 11.7:1 pistons with stock bore
stock rods that are glass blasted
crank is laser etched, micro polished, and balanced to a higher spec
rbc intake manifold
hondata intake manifold gasket
skunk2 70mm throttle body
long ram cold air intake
skunk2 header
3" exhaust all the way
skunk2 fuel rail
aem fuel pressure regulator
rc 550cc injectors
msd spark system
hondata k pro
all pulleys are aem
You have all of these parts? Looking at about 250 I would guess, some stuff you didn't need, other stuff you did. Let us know how it does.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I got 300 on my stock a2 with 100 shot and 100 octance bro u can find gas every where in ca bro buts it's expensive over here in oc 100 octane is about 9 bux a gallon

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, I will let you guys know what happen when Jerry tunes it tommorow. Yeah, I am in Bakersfield bro and we got a hundred octane for about nine bucks a gallon to! lol! I am wanting a true street car though.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
i just saw your parts list. for reliabilty
change the following: sell the skunk2 stage 2 cams and get anyone of the following: toruku roadrace cams, blueprint stage2 cams, crower or brian crower stage2, ips cams. guys chime in on what ips are good for that compression.
change the titanium retainers for either brian crower or supertech steel ones.

it should do somewhere close/around 270 WHP on the motor then add 80 shot dry direct port & easy 320whp but get a good tuner that knows what he is doing. get it tune 100% partial throttle too & every cam angle. not just full throttle.

but those S2s2 cams gotta go now. if you wanna prevent any future failures.
which oil pump did you use?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.